View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2014, 04:33 PM
I have just looked up BioPerine but there does not seem to be any definitive answer - just that it "might" help the absorption of certain nutrients, and I am hesitant to give Pereg anything I am not sure of to Pereg, just in case... she only has a tiny amount of turmeric in her wet meal so how much difference a couple of grains of BioPerine would make I do not know. I am not even sure whether the turmeric helps her but I do know that it is not a trigger.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Malka I think you do right to be careful with Pereg. In your situation I would be the same.
I am going to try to order them separately, so I can try the turmeric on it's own then add in the pepper. That way I can see if there is any difference to him both good and bad.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

14-11-2014, 05:42 PM
You should be able to get both turmeric and black peppercorns [which often come in a grinder] in the spice section of any supermarket. Schwartz is one brand that comes to mind - probably because that was the brand I always bought in England.

Here, of course, I buy local brands, although I do buy some when they are on special offer from iHerb when I am buying vitamins and supplements for both Pereg and myself.
Quincy
New Member!
Male 

14-11-2014, 06:03 PM
[I]Hi I'm Quincy and I am new to dogsey.

I put Dakota my German shepherd on a raw diet she was only 6 weeks old I got all my ideas from Maggie Rhines.

In this guide I found out what the 26 essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that Dakota require to achieve. Today she is looking grate.have a look at it.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Malka - findings on human/rat study of piperine n curcumin

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9619120
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

14-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Hi Quincy - I have only just seen your introduction and Dakota is a stunning dog!

Welcome to Dogsey!

My raw food "bible" is A rough BARF guide which taught me all about raw feeding and I still refer to it at times. I have to be extra careful with Pereg's food and supplements because she is epileptic, so there are some supplements and vitamins that she needs that non-epis do not, and some things she must not have as they are known triggers.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2