View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Morning all - no gallopy trots for Da Booga today I am afraid because I still feel very woozy. Am OK indoors sitting [think I need the chair seat belt though to stop me falling off...] but not going to risk going out on The Silver Monster. DaB will not care as she is a lazy ess oh dee even though she loves her gallops - but if not she does not seem to care at all.

Watching her carefully though as the loony woman who rents Fortuna's bungalow hit her with a stone this morning because one of her children had hysterics seeing poor Pereg fast asleep outside, and started screaming. The loony watched me go out, picked up a stone and hit poor Pereg on her head. And Pereg is only on Day 14 so not good to be hit.

Trouble is that after Fortuna died her son could not find anyone to rent the bungalow until this tribe turned up. Four children under school age, another due shortly - the place a total tip - no wonder they could not find anywhere else and Fortuna's son had no idea what they were like. He does now but if they have the usual 12 month contract we are all stuck with this tribe until their contract is up.

I need to go to the macolet but am frightened to leave Pereg now.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Morning Lynn morning all.
Sunny at the moment but some very black clouds are looming
Helena I was going to say that I'm pleased the hosp went well yesterday, but I'm not so sure it did, it all sounds a little traumatic to me
Good luck to you at the hosp today Bev I hope they don't find anything too serious.
Morning LS hot here too.
Moyra fingers crossed for your car, hope it doesn't turn out to be too expensive for you.
Morning Malka I hope Pereg will be safe.

Quiet day today, other than having my hair cut at midday. Hope it doesn't rain, I want to potter in the garden.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
She seems OK thanks Nippy and was OK being left for maybe half an hour. Turns out it is not the loony I thought but an almost identical loony who rents somewhere up the road, also has four under school age children and also has a luminous green buggy.

Thought it a bit strange as she came from up the road but Ayala at the macolet put me straight. Apparently another loony though!

Pereg has a lump on her forehead above her right eye but the skin is not broken and she does not appear to be bothered. But I am well expecting another seizure within the next 24 hours...

...and frequently wish I could throw stones at these loonies and their loony kids.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Morning everyone,
Ouch Helena, and hope Zena is feeling better
I'm going to a Macmillian memorial today at the ward where my father in law was. I'm sort of dreading it, I cannot believe it will be a year next month that he passed away
Beautiful morning, not sure how long it will last though
Bye for now x
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Oh Malka, just seen your post, how cruel of that woman to throw stones at poor Pereg. I hope she is ok xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Morning Malka. Sorry to hear about Pereg being hit by a stone. Hope she will be ok.
Morning Nippy Jen enjoy the hair dressers I always find it very relaxing.
Morning Mandy. Hope today isn't too sad.

Had a walk this morning went about 1/4 to 9 as it was already hot only did to the bridge and back. We met a mum and her little boy and they fussed Dillon then we met three older girls who all fussed Dillon. We crossed over the bridge and met the first woman who had dropped her little boy off in school by then. We stood chatting for ages while Dillon lay down patiently waiting.
he is now round by the gate where it is shady and damp.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Hello everyone back from the garage. All present and correct and passed with one advisory note that I have a small oil leak. What a relief! Thanks for all your good vibes.

Malka,
sorry to hear about Pereg, hope she will be ok, poor little girl.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone I missed. Just managed to change my bed by supporting each corner of the mattress with me knee and using left hand only, took a while but I now have clean, crspy Egyptian cotton bedding again courtesy of my new lady that does

Cooking some steak and onions for a pie to freeze (yes, Dave chopped the onions and steak for me), and I'm going into battle with a pork chop for linch....could end up over the other side of the room, or I could be ok!

Tony was immensely impressed with zena this morning on his walk. He said he was coming back up on the narrow path from the stream in the woods and got to a clearing, when 5 collies offlead came out of nowhere and charged up to zena in a semi circle. He said she immediately put herself in front of him, just stood there stock still, giving each of them the eye as she altered her gaze across from one side of them to the other, and every one of them he said, just stopped dead in their tracks, watched her gaze and sloped off LOL. love her. He said don't ever worry about protecting zena, she was saying to them all "yeah, come on then, bring it ooooon" She reminded him of an ex prison dog he once had who would have done the same. When he moved on, one of them decided to follow from the rear, so zena just turned around to it as if to say "oh, you don't matter" Who taught her this then, cos I sure as heck didn't, but it's nice to know how she's now learned that her look is enough to scare any dog off without having to utter a word.

Spot of lunch now then and a long nanny nap to get over yesterday's traumas and rest this finger cos it's giving me jip today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Glad the car passed Moyra.
Well done to Helena Zena. You are doing very well with that hand but do take care.
I am around if you want a chat later after your nanny nap if you feel up to it.

I had a note through the door from one of the ladies a couple of doors down inviting me for coffee this morning. So I took her up on her invite and popped along. They have a lovely big garden and a big old fashioned lorry in the shed which her husband who I also met they are retired has rebuilt engine as well. Took him 15 years I think and he will be taking it out into the village soon and creating traffic jams as it only goes about 5 miles an hour.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Hope you're feeling a bit better now Malka, and how horrid that woman was to throw stones at Pereg like that, is there no one at all you can complain to about this sort of thing, they shouldn't be doing it, end of. Is Pereg OK now, because you sounded quite worried about her when it happened, at least you made it over to the macelot and back without any incident.
Hope today's memorial went well for you Mandy, bound to be an upsetting day for you and the family.
Lynn, can't wait to hear of your neighbour's adventures with the vintage truck chugging around the roads and holding everyone up. Your neighbours do sound a friendly bunch inviting you in for a coffee and chat
Helena, relieved for you that it won't be this Thursday its all going to happen for you, and like you say you have next week off, before the Event. I am really hoping it all turns out well in the end and that you don't get another infection brewing in the finger, made my stomach lurche hearing about what the doctor did Have a nice nanny nap in your clean sheets. Need to iron mine, then I will be sleeping between Egyptian cotton sheets, I'd change the bed every day if I could, its the ironing of the sheets thats the drawback, it feels so lovely when they're all done though. Zena is really showing herself to be top dog (or bitch) with all these nasty dogs, collies are the bane of my life as well (as we know), trouble is mine don't just stop at glaring at them, next millisecond they're on them, and I daren't take the risk with all these new laws knocking about, because sure as eggs are eggs they won't ever be any protection for me whatever happens, I'm sure of that!!!
Well done on your car passing its MOT Moyra, really pleased for you. If you're only doing 600 miles a year, its a lot of money to keep it on the road really isn't it though, I do that in a month, nothing on what I used to do of course!
Hope the garden potter went well for you Nippy, and you've had a dry day for it. Is Tango taking your for the haircut, or does the haircut come to you
Been on the bone run, brilliant hot sunshine, left girlies with a raw carrot each under the umbrella, citronella lanterns going to keep the flies off. Stopped off at Asda to get milk and a couple of other things, and the sky started going darker, then it started spotting, made it to the car just in time for the heavens to open, so came home in torrential rain, luckily had a coat in the car, so put that over me whilst I ran into the house, then back and forth to get shopping. Have bagged all bones and they are in the freezer and the rains stopped and its looking brighter again.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >