Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
juliet42
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the links Krlyr!

If Ellie walks as good as that wearing a Dogmatic I will be chuffed!
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
The Dogmatic is very good, i used it for Madison as if she spotted a cat or fox when out i needed to be able to stop her or go flying behind her i tried a halti but it rode up into her eyes the dogmatic didn't it fitted nicely and definitely gave me control.
Now she is older she doesn't need it, but would recommend them.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Been using Dogmatics for about 10 years now, bad arthiritis in my hands means that if my dog suddenly pulled I may not be able to keep hold of his lead so the dogmatic just means that I have that extra bit of safety, to be fair he is pretty good on a lead and has always usd one from being a youngster. I have leather ones bought from Crufts and would never go back to Haltis although they also serve a purpose.
Skyewolf
New Member!
Female 

03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
The dogmatics are fantastic. Comfy for the dog and very effective. The padded webbing ones are good too - very well made.
juliet42
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Well thanks for all your help and advice on the Dogmatic.

I've spoken to a lady at the company, gave her Ellie's measurements ( she was very helpful by the way), and she suggested a size 3, so I've ordered one in the padded version.

Looking forward to it's arrival. Will post here when I've tried it out to let you know how me and Ellie get on with it.

Thanks again everyone.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Dogmatic are brilliant head collars for pullers, especially reactive dogs where you need to control their head.

Although my large breed bitch is 6 years old and has hated hers from day 1.... and she still can pull me over when wearing it.
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by juliet42 View Post
I was wondering what your views were (good or bad), on the Dogmatic head collar?

I'm currently using the Halti head collar, but even though I've tried two different sizes, it still rides up into my labrador's eyes. So I thought I would get your views on the Dogmatic versus the Halti before I try one out.

Any comments gratefully received.
I have a lab and I use a gentle leader and no problem with it riding up. I like the simplicity of it in comparison to other head collars. I tried a dogmatic on my Golden and had the problem you do with the halti so wouldn't recommend them because of that. (Also my dealings with the company their CS are pretty appalling)

Sorry just realised you've ordered one hope you have more success and haven't wasted any money. If not I couldn't recomend the Gentle leader enough
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I am in the minority because I dont actually rate Dogmatics very highly. I ordered one because they had such great reviews and I have to say i've gone back to using the Gencon. The one positive thing I will say about the Dogmatic is that it is so easy to put on the dog compared to other brands i've had.

Flynn pulls like a train on the Dogmatic, despite their claim it stops this very behaviour. Also, he despises it and whereas he'll angle his muzzle towards me in order for me to put the Gencon on, he dodges me when I get the Dogmatic out and spends the whole time trying to get it off with his paws.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 07:18 PM
I like ours for the simple reason it doesnt go in her eyes. She will still pull like mad when she wants but she did that with every head collar we have had even ones that went right in to her eye when she pulled. I got the adjustable one and i do also find it losens so i check it each day
juliet42
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
I have a lab and I use a gentle leader and no problem with it riding up. I like the simplicity of it in comparison to other head collars. I tried a dogmatic on my Golden and had the problem you do with the halti so wouldn't recommend them because of that. (Also my dealings with the company their CS are pretty appalling)

Sorry just realised you've ordered one hope you have more success and haven't wasted any money. If not I couldn't recomend the Gentle leader enough
Just to add I have tried the Gentle Leader with Ellie, and she just pulled even harder against it and hated it with a vengeance.

So, I have a medium size Gentle Leader used only twice spare in the doggy bits drawer if anybody would like it!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >