Our sister sites
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Mekuti do them as well - same cushioned webbing (which I love too) but more expensive... although they come in a range of colours.

When I bought Merlin a Mekuti harness I got the lead to fit, and got a discount for buying the two together.

Was gutted when I lost my Mekuti lead but found the narrower Halti ones are almost identical and do the same job.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Some lovely leads on those links - might well get one of those ebay leads as a spare myself.

I do find the Halti lead very handy - used it today as a tether whilst we were drinking our coffee lol. But I don't find it all that comfortable as an actual lead. Am too used to having a proper handle lol.

I'd been looking at the Spiffy Dog leads which are pretty expensive so was very pleased when I found the Halti one - (via searches on here of course!) - I wanted one to use as a tether / long lead when out and about and it does the job perfectly.

ETA: We lost Whisper's lead a little while ago and were gutted lol. It was the lead she had from the rescue and we were used to it - can't find anything quite like it either. It's funny how you get used to a certain kind of lead!
Suzanne2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
What's good about Halti is that you can vary how you use it, as it has a clip each end and 2 different loops. It is good for attaching to a collar and a harness at the same time, as well, and you can use it the shorter way round in the car, fixed to a seat belt clip.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
But I don't find it all that comfortable as an actual lead. Am too used to having a proper handle lol.
Well you can clip them round to MAKE a handle if you want! They have just the right length and clips in the right place to do that.

I have finally found a type of lead I have been looking for...a normal lead but with a ring in the handle loop. Found a stall selling those at the National, they are thin nylon, nice colours and I am happy. I'd have preferred leather but the cost was prohibitive.

If you have ever had a lead like this, you will know how useful they are, and the difference is that ring in the handle.

When I was taking out two dogs both wearing training leads, when they were off lead I found myself draped in so much webbing, rings, clips and tangled equipment I must have looked like I was into bondage

Needed two simple leads, but with rings in the handle allowing me to either double the leads, or just be able to clip them around myself ready to use again quickly, and in separate colours (after two black training leads and their habit of getting tangled).

I like training leads a lot... but they are less practical when you have two dogs, and need the ability for instant on-lead.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Do they still make the Halti in red , might be a compromise on colour ?..
Yes though you would most likely need to buy online (ebay) all our sheps (mine and mums) bar Xeva have halti training leads. Much softer than ANY other lead iv had ( and there have been loads)
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I like the black my self .
Look cleaner ..lol
gillian ramsay
New Member!
Female 

06-06-2012, 12:46 AM
I am a great fan of Dogmatics-great for'pullers' like my boy. Only problem with any halti-type is people who think they are muzzles and ergo your dog is dangerous-usually by little dog owners whose dogs are trying to bite the back legs off mine!
Muskrat
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I caved and bought Em a halti lead from the local pet shop today. She does have a 120cm one, but with livestock in the fields at the moment I feel bad keeping her on it for most of her walk

I will get pupster a nice green one off the internet, thank you for all the links!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 01:31 PM
You simply can't beat the Halti leads. My faves.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >