View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Emmis, it sounds as if this has been coming for a while so for the horse it perhaps is no great tragedy, however for the owner as you say, it was not the tranquil and stress free end that was envisaged.

H, I don't like honeycombe and it sounds dangerous to make!! Trust you.

Gordon was fed up with not being able to find things wasn't he, and Rosebud seems to have been upset by something I hope that she hasn't gone again because I enjoy her posts.

That was dreadful about Dave's non appointment last night, but I can understand that they need Dave himself to confirm the official complaint. Normal procedure in order to prevent someone doing something that the patient has no knowledge of!! Fingers crossed that the scan shows up what the problem is so that something can be managed or done.

I like our six foot wall - I always wanted a walled garden!! I don't really want to chat with the neighbours because most of them are dead (Cemetary you see). Mind you, they might be better company than the lady on the other side.

Telly is definitely rubbish
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I like our six foot wall - I always wanted a walled garden!! I don't really want to chat with the neighbours because most of them are dead (Cemetary you see). Mind you, they might be better company than the lady on the other side.
Telly is definitely rubbish
Sally what are you like

I've just started watching BBC2 'One hour to save your Life' ... I love these sort of programmes.

****** Hi Daisy we cross posted ... sorry you got so wet on your dog walk. Just for a change we've had wall to wall sunshine today
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Evening all,

OH out now (probably not for very long though) and dogs are asleep in front of the fire............very peaceful

Sally Eeeyuck to the smell of sick ...... I remember my eldest use to get car sick and aged about 7 he projectile vomited onto the inside of my car windscreen and dash board when we were on the motorway We managed to clean it all up apart from in the air vents and eventually sold the car to some unsuspecting person who will have smelt the stench the first time they put the heating on .... hence us getting the purchaser to sign a slip of paper which said 'sold as seen'
EmmiS What an awful thing with that poor old horse at your yard Moving a dead horse is such a traumatic thing to see and I hope the owner didn't have to witness it too
Lynn Great news you got the car back and all the work has been done on her .... Aggie Hopefully you will another year of trouble free driving.
Helena Sleep well and see you tomorrow
Hi to June, Lacey, Malka, Lynne and Rosebud if you are still here.
That is terrible, but I love it!!

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
I'm still here Jenny Busy transcribing in between nipping on here to escape it for a few minutes
I wondered if you were still doing that! You have such patience.

Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
I got soooooooooooooooooooooo wet on my walk today, going to have to make a cake to eat this afternoon!!!

Sorry about the horse Emmis never a good thing to happen, but with a big animal it is awful, my sister had a horse go from underneath her on a cross country course once, he dropped dead right from under her, she was lucky she wasn't injured *hugs* to you and all your horses and their owners *hugs*

Right.... work then baking me thinks..
I have had two put down, and it's never easy even when you have planned it as it were.

Please could you include a dark choccy mousse, with brandy or rum, don't mind which.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Sally what are you like

I've just started watching BBC2 'One hour to save your Life' ... I love these sort of programmes.

****** Hi Daisy we cross posted ... sorry you got so wet on your dog walk. Just for a change we've had wall to wall sunshine today
Thank you.......I had forgotten that one. I love them too
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Just finished watching Holby City, had a friend on the phone at the same time, she said I know you watch something so I'll be quick, and was then on for half an hour. Something awful's happened over there, East Manchester (Man City's Ground where the Commonwealth Games was held) a massive sink hole and some of her neighbours have been evacuated, some are back in now, she lives on a side thats not affected luckily, but how scary is that
Emma, really really sorry about the horse, I've seen it happen a few times, and it is never any easier, absolutely heartbreaking to see what was your best friend and companion being dragged off like that.
No idea about the sicky smell Sally, have you tried putting the covers back in the wash with maybe some washing soda.
Those daffs are very brave Jenny, they've been lurking under all the water just waiting to burst into flower, the clear up for you both seems to be never ending though
Glad the cars back Lynn and in full working order, at long last, lovely new name, Aggie.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello TW That sounds awful about the sink hole I hope that nobody went down it, and it won't be the last one to open up I have no doubt.

I can only wash the covers on the hand wash cycle so I am not sure whether that would work but could give it a go - they have already been through the machine three times! Hey ho.

Aggie is a wonderful name Lynn - cars definitely need a proper identity
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:24 PM
What are you transcribing?
Parish records for Liverpool BMD's to go online at LANOPC. I seem to have been dropped in for st Peters Church. Ive been doing them for nearly 8 years now. Its a bit frustrating but on the whole I enjoy it. keeps me out of mischief at night anyway. I also Mentor newbies that are also doing Liverpool ones & check their transcribing (a job in itself )

Your Daffs are lovely Jenny. Fancy them coming up after being under water for so long. Ive noticed there seems to be a good display of spring flowers out this year. Must be something about the wet weather that suits them

I hadn't heard about the sink hole in Manchester June
Some of us were only saying last week we wouldnt be surprised if we had some round here seeing as most of St Helens is built on old coal mines

Glad you got the car back Lynn I bet you felt lost without it even if you didn't actually need to go anywhere.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Well done Lynne..... what a labour of love transcribing the parish records 8 years is a long time ... how much longer do you think it will take
Hi June I wonder on earth has happened at the stadium ... it must be real breaking news as nothing on line as yet
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 09:33 PM
sally could you maybe put them on the delicate cycle so they get more of a swish round
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Am risking sounding like a total thicko but I have to ask,What's a sink hole?
Page 11 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >