Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2012, 06:47 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Tuesday).

Well good morning to all on another wet day.
I hope all those who live in fear of the flooding forecast or are suffering have a better day today.
We are not flooded here but it is so soggy underfoot its horrible so I feel for all who have got floods or are worrying about them.
On a brighter note it is meant to start drying up by the end of the day although the actual wet we have underfoot will take a couple of weeks or more I would think to start getting anywhere near back to normal.

Chris and Helena I hope Gary is feeling better and he can soon be moved and I hope Daves migraine is gone and he is feling brighter today.
To anyone else feeling poorly dog or human I hope you feel better soon.

Had my email from Gorden this morning he is now at the airprot. It is 12.45 over there so only another hour and he should be taking off. Only about another ten hours and he should be hitting Epping or Theydon for me to pick him up. It wil be around 6pm time here but his body clock will be telling him it is midnight.
Fingers crossed the flight home takes off on time and they are not sat on the tarmac for 2+ hours.

Road walking the monster again today the field has a river running on it and a big pond at the bottom end. I am going to try Helenas tip she gave me yesterday about Dillon deciding to play tug of war with his lead on the paths near roads and take a ball on a rope he will play tug with that but at least I can have control of the lead hopefully.

Well better get the kettle and toast on for Michael feed Dillon and get Michael to the tube station. Catch up later if the mac allows.

Keep safe and well all and have a good day.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Morning All xxx

Bet you can not wait to see Gorden again Lynn, that seems to have flown by quickly though.

Our big interview today, so just need a quick vacc round and we are ready.

Raining again but no floods here

Have a great day folks
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

I knew you'd be up at the silly hour this morning Lynn, and I have to admit, I was too as I wanted to see Dave off with the way he was feeling last night, as it's a long journey to work when you're recovering from a migraine Anyway, he got up at 5 oclock last night and sort of came round enough to pack his bits and have something to eat and hopefully, he's made it to work ok, but probably not ready to face a stressful day like he normally has on a Tuesday.

You must be over the moon excited today Lynn, I hope there are no delays for Gorden and he's back on time for you to meet him there. Good luck with the ball Lynn, don't play tug with him, just ask him to "come on" with you as you carry on walking, he should be more than happy and when he's walked nicely indoors then you can play with him! I'm sure it'll work

Chris I do hope they've moved Gary now that the week-end is over and that he's improved greatly, it's been a long time now hasn't it, you must be so tired.xxx

I must get up that van this morning coz I left that dehumidifier on yesterday morning. I should be ok, because it cuts itself off when the water tank is full, or when it's done its job, but it has been worrying me a bit with the van empty like that, so I'd better not do that again, not overnight anyway.

Not looking forward to my soggy walk this morning and I've just heard on the tv we've got icy blasts now for the next month At least it'll be dry I suppose, we can't have it all can we.

Enjoy your day, don't work too hard
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning All xxx

Bet you can not wait to see Gorden again Lynn, that seems to have flown by quickly though.

Our big interview today, so just need a quick vacc round and we are ready.

Raining again but no floods here

Have a great day folks
Morning Steph. Yes a little excited.
Good luck with the interview.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn and everyone

I knew you'd be up at the silly hour this morning Lynn, and I have to admit, I was too as I wanted to see Dave off with the way he was feeling last night, as it's a long journey to work when you're recovering from a migraine Anyway, he got up at 5 oclock last night and sort of came round enough to pack his bits and have something to eat and hopefully, he's made it to work ok, but probably not ready to face a stressful day like he normally has on a Tuesday.

You must be over the moon excited today Lynn, I hope there are no delays for Gorden and he's back on time for you to meet him there. Good luck with the ball Lynn, don't play tug with him, just ask him to "come on" with you as you carry on walking, he should be more than happy and when he's walked nicely indoors then you can play with him! I'm sure it'll work

Chris I do hope they've moved Gary now that the week-end is over and that he's improved greatly, it's been a long time now hasn't it, you must be so tired.xxx

I must get up that van this morning coz I left that dehumidifier on yesterday morning. I should be ok, because it cuts itself off when the water tank is full, or when it's done its job, but it has been worrying me a bit with the van empty like that, so I'd better not do that again, not overnight anyway.

Not looking forward to my soggy walk this morning and I've just heard on the tv we've got icy blasts now for the next month At least it'll be dry I suppose, we can't have it all can we.

Enjoy your day, don't work too hard
Morning Hleena will Dave let you kow he has arrived safely ?
Enjoy that soggy walk. I will be gald when it dreisup Dillon can run his energy off over the field.
Thanks for the tips for the ball on a rope I will try it this morning and let you know how it goes.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Well today is the day Lynn, it has arrived and I can imagine how excited your feeling. I hope Gordons flights are all on time.
This morning its the regular trip to the vets for Kyiros check up on his foot and bandage change. He is still limping on it. I will be glad when this is all over as poor Kyiro absolutely hates going and gets himself really distressed not only while there but when he sees which way the car is heading too. Normally he loves the car but he seems to know when he is going to the vets and he shakes and pants so violently the whole car shakes with him. I take Lily along too to give him a little moral support. Its also very draining on the pocket as well having to pay for this 2-3times a week and he has also needed more antibiotics each time too.
Work this afternoon.
Chris I hope Gary is feeling better and can be moved.
Good Luck today Steph.
I hope anyone living in or near flooded areas is ok. Take care all.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

I bet you can't wait to see Gordon again Lynn,I hope it's straight forward and there aren't any delays,

Glad to hear Dave is feeling better Helena,

Chris I hope Gary is feeling better today,

Bev Hope all goes well with Kyiro at the vets,

Hope all goes well with your interview Steph,

Tom's just left for school and again been warned to stay away from the lake,he came back yesterday with soaking wet shoes,god only knows what he does,Lizzie has just left for college,should be interesting as the road through to the college is closed due to flooding,so the bus is been rerouted.

Stay safe everyone,

Have a good day all x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all.

I ditto the hopes that Gorden gets home safely today, Dave's migraine has abated and he gets to work OK and does not have too stressful a day, and that Chris's Gary has recovered sufficiently to be moved and that there is a bed waiting or him.

Not forgetting poor Kyiro and his vet visit.

After a lovely sunny day yesterday it is dull and overcast again, necessitating the kitchen light on [if I want to see anything in it!]. Apart from making, or trying to make two telephone calls, the only other thing I have to do is prep, blanch and freeze some courgettes. No doubt there is something else that I have forgotten and will only remember once I am back in bed tonight!

Have a good day everyone and keep safe, warm and dry.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Morning all,

Lynn, I bet you are all hyper now Gordon is coming home

I'm not going in today, a few years ago a couple of boys took Davies bike off him and in order to get it back they made him do something disgusting. The police spoke to the boys involved at the time, but it appears it went further than I thought. So the police are speaking to him again today

Needless to say I'm not going to work cause I will just be worrying all day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Good morning Lynn, Helena, Bev and Sal and all who follow,

A ghastly wet morning here again, but hope for a better period from lunch time onwards .... and hopefully for days to come

Lynn I can almost see the weight lifting off your shoulders and your huge grin I feel really excited for you ... how sad is that I hope you day passes really quickly and early evening is here before you know it.

I'm off to an important meeting at the nursing home where my Mum now lives with someone coming to give her a full assessment for the possibility of some funding to help us towards the £1090 a week we are paying I'm having to take the dogs with me, so best behaviour from them I hope. If I can park in the private grounds they can wait in the car while the meeting is on, if not they'll be coming in with as I'd never leave them in a public car park!

I hope everyone has a good day. Chris, I hope Gary has been moved. keep safe.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Good morning fellow members another dark dreary day with yet more rain.

I have little Hannah so that will mean another busy day, I am dreading having to take Chloe out later , mud everywhere and so I will have to carry Hannah. Hoping the rain stops later.

Today's the day Lynn isn't it, get out the red carpet .

Enjoy your day everyone
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »