Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 06:29 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Got a lot to catch up on, on here, as I got all involved with washing more curtains I'd brought back yesterday, I even hung them out and they dried in the wind and sun in about an hour. Then I got involved with Dave measuring up the lounge, for the new thing he's building for the fire and tv, and before I knew it, it was 7 o'clock and then we had 2 corrie's to catch up on, that we'd taped, before we could watch the other 2 last night, and I was ready for that chair and something to eat.

Had a right old palarva last night when I let Zena out, she shot up the top, scaling those walls again, and she almost "got" something as she zoomed across the very top level, something had ripped up the solar light as it got caught in the wire up there (Zena never goes on that bit) but thankfully, it got away over next door's fence, but she was in a right old state. I had put a big, heavy flower pot (and I mean big!) with the opening in that big hole up there where the fox, cats and possibly badgers come through, so in effect, once they come under the fence through the deep hole, they end up in a big, black hole (aka my flower pot lol!). I did this cos of the state Zena gets into in the evenings, it stresses me out, so I want to stop these visitors. You can't stop badgers, but as yet, we haven't seen any, but Dave said if that pot has been moved like all the bricks were in the past, then we've definitely got them. The pot is still there though this morning. I noticed some piles of cr*p by the hole yesterday (Zena never goes on that bit so it's not hers), it was quite small, and then there was a dollop of yellow porridge, and I didn't like the look of that thankyou very much, I've had enough of that out of Zena over the years, and we don't want it back thanks, so whatever it is, has gotta go. Sorry, went on a tad there didn't I!

Dave woke me up fiddling about at 5 am (no, not with me ), so went back to sleep and now I feel like I've been out all night. Another busy one for me, have some things to do for Dave.

Had another booking for the new van last night too yayyyy! Somebody on here, who I don't recall, but then he never gave me his username!!!

Can't comment on anybody I'm afraid cos I know nuffink today, having missed most of yesterday, but hope you're all ok along with the doglets and I'll be catching up on the latest.

Lynn, hope the house is now ready for the photo shoot and good luck with that.
Jenny, Hope you had a fab time last night at your o/h's big party (probably won't be seeing you around this early then!)

Enjoy your day everyone, and I'll be back later
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning H and all,

Lily and I are shattered after our 2 long days in the freezing cold at All About Dogs. We are very pleased we managed to raise over £900 for the rescue greyhounds though and have lots of very interested people in rehoming one. We had a few people who wanted Lily herself so i had to prise her back off them. She is going nowhere

I have got to go and do a bit of shopping this morning and then home to do some housework before heading off to work. Lucky lily will be mainly snoozing.

Pleased to hear the bookings are coming in for the new van H, you will soon have a nice little empire there.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Good morning everyone, the sun is shining here so lets us hope it is going to be a lovely day even if somewhat cold. Have a good day all.

Helena, that sounds as though that needs sorting out, probably a fox. I have them in my garden. I don't allow Amber round the back bit where they go as I do not want her to pick up mange or fleas. I hope you resolve the problem. Moyra xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

Lily and I are shattered after our 2 long days in the freezing cold at All About Dogs. We are very pleased we managed to raise over £900 for the rescue greyhounds though and have lots of very interested people in rehoming one. We had a few people who wanted Lily herself so i had to prise her back off them. She is going nowhere

I have got to go and do a bit of shopping this morning and then home to do some housework before heading off to work. Lucky lily will be mainly snoozing.

Pleased to hear the bookings are coming in for the new van H, you will soon have a nice little empire there.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
Morning Bev How fantastic that you raised so much money for such a worthy cause, you must be very proud of Lily, along with yourself of course. Such a shame the weather had to spoil it a bit, but I admire you Bev, you did over and above there in the freezing cold for your love of these dogs. When I have time, I'm going to do something similar for my chosen breed. Don't work too hard today while Lily sleeps it off!

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good morning everyone, the sun is shining here so lets us hope it is going to be a lovely day even if somewhat cold. Have a good day all.

Helena, that sounds as though that needs sorting out, probably a fox. I have them in my garden. I don't allow Amber round the back bit where they go as I do not want her to pick up mange or fleas. I hope you resolve the problem. Moyra xx
Morning Moyra Yes, we've got the sunshine here too along with a clear blue sky, so finger's crossed it'll last the whole day and I can get some washing dried. Yes, I've seen the fox most mornings up there, it seems to be his route, but I'm going to give him a diversion now!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Helena, morning everyone.

I too was awol a lot yesterday due to the wall papering which we didn't finish till 9pm and in between had to get something to eat. Just have the bit up the stairs to do and a couple of panels on the landing.
I wonder what visits your garden then Helena. Glad to hear the bookings are coming in for the new van.
Sally the puppy pics are gorgeous thank you.

Well today is the day and we take Dillon in for the removal of the furry plums he is very confused as he has had no breakfast got back from his walk and I have not removed his harness or collar as once Gorden arrives back from dropping Michael off it will be nearly time to set off.
I am feeling a bit sick about it all as I am not sure how he will cope when we leave I think he is going to go into headless chicken mode. I have also got to ask them them to look at his left front paw he is worrying it silly and in between two toes is a hard lump I noticed something was wrong Saturday when it was bleeding on our walk.
He isn't lame and is still up for his walks and jumping about. I am going to ask them to take a look while he is under they will get a better look then as he is not to co-operative with his feet when awake.

Well done Bev and Lily.
I hope everyone is well and I will catch you all later.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning H, Bev, LL and all

I would be scared to let my lot out if I thought they could catch something H, there was a time when we regularly had rabbits come in the earlt morning. Good news that the van bookings are coming in.

Well done Bev and Lily, that was a good result for the greys.

Another shattered person here, we have had 4 busy days at work and I didn't get home until 4.30 yesterday (expected it to be 2pm) and no chance of lunch.

I am working this morning as I am taking Saturday off, I am booked on a conformation and movement seminar followed by a hands on assessment. I have been looking for ages for this seminar and finally one is close enough for me to attend.

Have a good day all

I will be thinking of Dillon today, lets hope this will sort him out!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2013, 07:31 AM

So, what was Dave fiddling with at 5am if it was not you? The mind boggles! Great about another booking for the new van - the rate you are going you will end up owning them all!

Bev - well done on raising that amount for the rescue greyhounds - hopefully the people interested in rehoming one will actually go ahead and do so. I hope you did not freeze too much though and do wish you were able to take things easier.

Moyra - nice to see you on this thread each morning! How is the gorgeous Amber today?

Lynn - thinking of you and Dillon today. I am sure he will be OK and you will finally get some peace once those plums have gone and the testosterone worn off. Hopefully the lump between his toes turns out to be nothing, and at least they will be able to have a good look while he is in the Land of Nod.

Gerry - do you ever stop working? It is good that you have finally found a seminar near enough for you to attend.

Da Booger let me sleep until gone 5am which was A Good Thing as I had not gone to bed until nearly 1am - so of course I overslept a bit for her pill but that is not so important if it is a wee bit late. Then hadda nother zonk until I suddenly woke and remembered it is water delivery day today and this latest pair of guys tend to turn up early so it was a rush to get washed and dressed.

Then Da Booger embarrassed me - she lets them in with no problem, providing she can hide behind me, but she sort of did a corgi nip at the ankle of one of them when they were on the way out. Well, an air corgi nip at his trousers but nowhere near him really. He gave her [and me] a dirty look then smiled and said "have a good day madam" and off they went.

Right - back to normal after Pesah now so the kids are back at school - at least I think they are although I can see a kid's bike outside the macolet. Which reminds me, must go and get a large chunk of pumpkin as there is only enough for a couple of days in the freezer and I hate running out of stuff.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you have planned.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Good luck to Dillon today. I am sure he will be fine Lynn as they will give him a sedative injection as soon as they take him out the back away from you, so he will be quite calm and snoozing while he waits his turn. The worst bit will be you trying to keep him calm and quiet when he comes home after the op
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning fellow members a beautiful sunny morning. I have just been out with Chloe and the ground is frozen hard.

Mr DIL is working today and as there is no Creche for the twins I won't be having Hannah , my son is at home looking after all three little ones and I think we are taking them for a walk in the nature reserve .

Enjoy your day everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - Your posts always make me smile . Like Malka I too was wondering what Dave was fiddling with? Great news about another booking coming in. Fox or badger - can you tell from the poo that was left?

Bev - £900 is a great result and for such a good cause. I'm not surprised you are both shattered but this is when the saying 'It's a dog's Life' as Lily can have a lovely quiet day while you are at work.

Moyra - Isn't it wrong that we are all just so excited and happy to see the sun, however brief Enjoy your day.

Lynn - Good luck to Dillon - I'm sure you are feeling apprehensive but before you know it he'll be back minus the cause of his and your distress. ((hugs)) to you both.

Moet - No wonder you are shattered Sorry you can't take it easy today but I hope work at least runs smoothly today so that you can have a little respite.

Malka - Pereg was just letting those men know who's boss You do get early calls there don't you. Enjoy your day.

We had a lovely evening last night and both of my sons drove so that everyone else could have a drink, which was lovely. Even my sons really enjoyed it and chatted non-stop. Such a diverse group of people: an airline pilot, and ex-fashion designer, an actress and a film camerman .... and then us It was great fun and we were the last to leave the restaurant.

Busy day today catching up with housework, washing etc etc.

See you all later.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »