Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 07:14 PM

Monty's first day on his own.

Well the day where we both had to go back to work finally came today and after building him up to it slowly i'm glad to say he - and my kitchen - survived!!

He had a long walk this morning, then went from 8:30 til 12:30 with a few little accidents but all on the paper by the door.

Then we played for 40 minutes in the garden at lunch. Then he went from 13:30 until 5pm again with a few minor accidents but to be expected really.

And both times i got home he was quiet and in his basket. I knew he'd been entertaining himself though as his toys were spread out everywhere and the biscuit was missing from the Kong!!

He's now gone out for his evening stroll with Rich ready to come back home for his evening sofa chill out!!

I know its only one day but i'm so proud of him for coping so well with it and seeming like he didn't bark much at all. I left contact numbers with the neighbours just incase!!

Was also really nice to come home to a dog who was just so pleased to see me, made finishing work a million times better than normal!!

Anyway just wanted to share that with everyone!!
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Aw thats great, its always a worry leaving them, we are lucky with Maisy, she seems to cope fine when were out (aprt from wee'ing everywhere!) she loves her stuff'd kong, iv been freezing peanut butter in it for her, and she loves it !!! Its great coming home to someone so pleased to see ya! mind you my fiance is normally pretty pleased, but thats coz he wants his dinner!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeh it was great coming home to see him all excited and waggly and he actually didn't jump up for a pleasant change!!

I'm not sure if this is a good thing but he seems much better behaved - don't know if he thinks he got left alone today because he was naughty or something!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Brilliant news
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Great news long may it continue
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:28 AM
So pleased for you and Monty
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Thats great news for you both!

Its lovely to come home to an excited doggett, Ela's whole body wiggles and she rubbs your legs backwards and forwards like a cat. Cassie stays in bed and then comes for a cuddle once things have calmed down. Very sedate is my lurcher in her greetings!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Even after 3 years Max is still pleased to see me when I get home - it is the nicest feeling in the world!

Glad that Monty was fine - I'm sure my 2 play with their toys then sleep all day!!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
oh thats news hun really pleased it went well