Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 04:15 PM

Your thoughts on a suitable sentence?

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/ne...ban.4843916.jp
I don`t feel this sentence was adaquate - I`d have liked to see a lifetime ban and a Community Service Order - preferably in a (supervised) Animal Welfare situation.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Keeping her in a small room and starving her to an inch of death...or could just her!

No way would I let her near ANY animal...shes pure evil!!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2009, 04:27 PM
No, Hades......

is too quick.

More like

Snorri
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
She got off lightly imo, she should have at least had to pay the costs the rescue incurred bringing her dog back to full health, and then banned from owning any animal for life. 500 hours community service cleaning up dog poo.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Excellent idea! Maybe the Rescue could sue for vet fees etc. I find it rather sad that it was the new owners who had to fund the prosecution - I hope they got costs.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I saw a judge on one of the american animal cops shows give a punishment for starving horses that springs to mind. The lady was sentenced to three days in prison with water but no food and the photos of the horses posted in her cell. She was also banned from keeping any animal for life and made to pay a fine and all vet bills incurred by the rescue centre who took the horses.

It's hard to believe seeing those pictures that that dog made it at all. Poor thing...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I saw a judge on one of the american animal cops shows give a punishment for starving horses that springs to mind. The lady was sentenced to three days in prison with water but no food and the photos of the horses posted in her cell. She was also banned from keeping any animal for life and made to pay a fine and all vet bills incurred by the rescue centre who took the horses.

It's hard to believe seeing those pictures that that dog made it at all. Poor thing...
Now that`s more like it!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Jesus its hard to believe that those are pictures of the same dog, that is horrific! That woman needs to be shot!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
The evil b*stard should locked up, starved almost to death, be allowed to eat and brought back to health again, then starved to death the next time. Folk like her are scum of the earth. They should be made to suffer the way these animals do!

A complete ban on animals would have been better than 25 years. However, she obviously doesn't like animals or she wouldn't have let the dog get in the state in the first place. A ban from keeping animals is not a punishment.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:57 PM
The breeder who abused my Jackjack was banned from keeping dogs but still shows and breeds in local shows and even in crufts. When the RSPCA gave her the ban, All the dogs were just transferred to her mother's name. I assume she's still keeping them in deplorable conditions and only registering the healthier ones with the KC, which is what she was doing with Jackjack. The rest she just put in Rabbit hutches in the back and ignored. She kept the papers for the dead pups and would transfer the names to the best of the 'rejects' if there were accidents.

She proudly told me when I first went to her for a puppy that the best thing to do if you're breeding is never to admit to the full litter. If the dog has eight puppies, tell the vet she had 4 then you always have room to 'lose a few'. Jackjack had no papers, but she gave me someone elses papers for him in case I wanted to breed him. She admitted he'd be no good for showing because he had too many problems and poor hips, but the line was crufts winning so his pups may come out fine!

No morals, no scruples... But she knows where I live, so I'll not name and shame. I just promised I'd never trust the KC again. KC papers clearly mean nothing if they can be easily transferred from dog to dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >