register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to be on the next Passionate Productions Program ?
I am a breeder & would not appear 10 26.32%
I am a breeder & would appear 3 7.89%
I am a breeder & I am undecided 2 5.26%
I am not a breeder & would not appear 12 31.58%
I am a not breeder & would appear 10 26.32%
I am not a breeder & I am undecided 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 05:37 PM

Pedigree Dogs Exposed-The Sequell

If you breed KC registered dogs or own KC reg dogs would want to appear in it ?

Dyane
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 06:16 PM
No thanks. What would be the point? The first one was, in my opinion, not a balanced well informed program and I have seen nothing to suggest they have an interest in changing their approach.

clever editing can make black seem white
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 06:58 PM
i have to admit that the first programme did sensationalise things, and for them to actually say the purpose was to bully the kc into change, is the wrong way to go about things. no matter what breed i owned i wouldnt want to appear in it.
cambkite
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
No!!

I know that at least one of the "interviews" was composed of two or more separate clips from a much longer interview.

It annoys me that the programme makers had a valid and important point to make but devalued the whole thing through misrepresentation and sensationalism.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I would, Jobie isn't KC reg though. The first one was horribly sensationalist, but if it's benefitted even one dog fair dos i say
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I would, Jobie isn't KC reg though. The first one was horribly sensationalist, but if it's benefitted even one dog fair dos i say
& if it has boosted the profits of breeders of unregistered dogs be they puppy farmers or pet breeders that's OK too ?
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
& if it has boosted the profits of breeders of unregistered dogs be they puppy farmers or pet breeders that's OK too ?
of course not, thats why i say 'if' your average person who maybe didn't know health tests existed beforehand would be a lot more aware for watching it at least. its a shame that they focused on the KC rather than on all unscrupulous breeders, in fact a program on puppy farming and the like probably would have been more helpful, but hopefully it has done more good than harm.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Interesting. I voted yes and yes.....for me I would be keen to portray the responsible side of breeding if it were possible. (I have not been asked!!).

I have been interviewed by the media before: mixed results but on balanced message got across as I intended.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:31 PM
I have little respect for the KC. I don't see that they do much at all for the welfare of dogs. Their Code of Ethics doesn't seem to be worth a jot!

I don't know whether the programme will have helped puppy farmers to sell their stock. What I do know is that the KC needs to liven up and start protecting dogs/breeds, not making a code of ethics (as in Breeders shall not sell pups to Pet Shops - not exact words but similar) and then when someone informs them that KC reg pups are being sold at Harrods, they come out with some cr@p about working with Harrods. It makes my blood boil

I wouldn't want to take part in any programme regarding the matter either.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Interesting. I voted yes and yes.....for me I would be keen to portray the responsible side of breeding if it were possible. (I have not been asked!!).

I have been interviewed by the media before: mixed results but on balanced message got across as I intended.
Well Jemima may be scanning the forums(I know she answers on one(well sort of answers)so you may be lucky, but bear in mind that some of the interviews on PDE were very skillfully edited to provide a totally different interview than the one that actually happened

I'm a bit confused how you have managed to anser yes & yes as you should only have been able to vote once Hm I also wanted all the votes to be visible which seems to have disappeared too
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »