Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:25 PM

Crufts - alone?

Hi all,

I've been looking at tickets to go to crufts this year. I've never been before but would love to go. The rescue kennels we got the hounds from have a stand and i'd love to go browse all the wonderful toys and things available.

My problem is my OH is ok with our dogs but is allergic and wouldnt be able to stand in a hall full of dogs all day! My friends are not dog fans and my dad who loves dogs doesnt do crowds!

Has anyone here been on their own before? I really want to go but I'm slightly apprenhensive to go alone!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I went for the first time last year. I didn't go alone but it would be fine to go alone...better in some ways as oyu can do everything YOU want to do at your pace. There will be people from on here you could meet up with as well.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I went alone and it's a great day, you'll be fine!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I have found it easier anyway as you can do what YOU want and not have to be dragged around!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Thats reassuring thank you!
I'm currently working on a friend but i want to go on the thursday as its the hounds day and she works weekdays so i'm not sure if she'll be able to make it.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty of people from here goin, you could always meet up!
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm going on my own this year, I've been most years, sometimes with friends or a couple of times with my mum. Although my mum loves our dogs, she's not as mad as I am and I spent a lot of time worrying about whether she was bored etc. On your own you'll be able to see everything you want (and my mum stopped me buying as much as I wanted to! )
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I'm sure there will be plenty of people from here goin, you could always meet up!
That would be lovely
I am definately getting tickets even if my friend cant make it. Fed up of missing things i want to see just because other people dont!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 07:50 PM
im going on my own this year. i get free tickets through ykc a couple of my friends are dragging there mums along but my OH isnt that keen on going and my mum doesnt do crowds either. i wanted to go on sat and sun but got to do a weekday as ive got a competition at the weekend-im sure it will be better on my own though as i wont have to worry about anyone else!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-01-2009, 10:51 PM
going by yourself is the best option really
i went with some friends once, which meant i had to hang around for 12 hours until they were ready

which was 11 hours too many...........
..............one of the most excruciating boring days i have ever endured.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >