Joined: Feb 2008
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua
My greedy Chi boy ate a bowl of chocolate raisins the other day
. Looked it up on the net and read stuff like "one raisin can kill a small dog" - I was beside myself. Tried to make him sick but he wasn't having any of it, so cooked him a saucepan of boiled rice (don't know why but just thought it might help
) and stayed up most of the night with him, emergency Vet number at hand, in case he started to show any worrying symptoms. He slept like a log (snoring and all) and in the morning didn't even have a runny poo. Little g*t - worried the life out of me!
Awww!!! bless you, they have us worried sometimes dont they. Greedy little pups. Glad to hear he's fine.
We had a nightmare incident christmas day as well, Paris dived into a hedge and a ate what we think was a mince pie still in the foil case!!!
Luckily my dad was with us, he wrestled it off her, having to stick his hand almost down her throat to stop her swallowing it
She then threw it back up and tried to snatch it off the floor to eat it again.
To give her some credit though and considering she hardly knows my dad she didnt snarl, bite or injure him in the slightest! not even a dirty look!
Cant even imagine how much the foil could have hurt her insides. So glad dad was so quick thinking.