Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2008, 11:12 PM

Feel so low :( More tests and referral to rheumatology

I've been to the doctors today about my fingers.
They've been so, so bad recently I decided to look up 'herpetic whitlow' which is what I was diagnosed with years ago when I first experienced problems with my fingers.

Over time, I had to start using a laptop instead of handwriting but they've been terrible recently and I've even struggled with the laptop.

The symptoms didn't seem to add up so I made an appointment with the doctor.
He took one look and said there was no way it was HW and was shocked at how inflamed and sore they are.

He's sent me for an xray on Monday, blood tests on Tuesday and is on about referring me to a rheumatologist

I think what made it so much worse is how upset he looked as he was telling me this, I've seen him before and he's never looked at me like that before.

I feel like I'm losing hope, I'm 20 and nothing seems to work right. My hands aren't functioning right, I'm in pain when driving, holding a cup, typing... and then if it is rheumatoid arthritis it could get worse??

I've lost my smile today... I'm just not up for it anymore
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh Lottie I am sorry everything seems to be going wrong for you at the moment. Perhaps things won't look so bleak when you have had the tests done. I really wish I could take your pain away for you, you so don't deserve it. Sending big (((HUGS))) to you.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks Heather,

I really hope it's not as bad as it seems. I suppose as much as I don't want to, it's just a case of carrying on as always.

Really feel like giving up but you can't, can you.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Oh honey (((hugs)))
Hopefully your rheumatologist will be able to help you. If you don't already have some, ask about some compression gloves for sleeping and resting. I have a pair for when my hands are bad from my occupational therapist, and they really help me - might be worth a try.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Thanks Sez,

I'll ask about that (which reminds me, I should get my compression garment for my leg whilst I'm at the hospital for my xray!)

Thanks x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 01:19 AM
No you can't give up Lottie, you are such a fighter, maybe you have overdone it a little with all the work going on with your shop. Not easy to rest I know but you do need to look after yourself. Please take care.
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi Babe,

I'm a sufferer of Psioratic Arthritis, same symptoms as RA but they have been able to find the cause. I was 39 when I was diagnosed and I know how crippling it can be and how painful it is. I don't mind admitting that I was in tears with the pain at times and wondered . . . . 'Why Me ???? . . . surely this is something that you suffer from when you get really old ' . . . but I did a bit of research on it and found that some people as young as 7 have this illness . . . !!!!
I am on loads of drugs and although they don't cure the disease they prevent it from getting worse and I have been able to live a very active life . . . .

Seriously babe, if you want to chat at anytime you can PM me.

Take care hun and let me know how you get on.

Big hugs x x x x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 07:39 AM
You poor girl.......

I hope the hospital can find out the reason for the inflamation, and can then sort it out quickly. It would be a change for you to have something "cured" with speed.......

My heart goes out to you, Lottie x0x0x0x0x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Thank you guys,

I'm feeling a little brighter today, although my hands aren't!

It's starting up in another finger today so the sooner the better if they can find anything to slow it down a bit.

On the plus side, whilst there's still a lot of work to do with the shop, it's not so physical now and I now have heaters in there so it's not so cold. The cold certainly makes them more painful.

I suppose it's pushed me to start training Takara's lead walking properly again! I can't hold her lead when she pulls so have been practicing a lot more with her to make sure she doesn't pull! The Lord works in mysterious ways, huh?

Thanks again, you guys are my rock
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
*hugs* Lottie.

gotta say though, hubby had to go see a rheumatologist - when they had no idea of what was happening to his back . It didn't mean he had RA, though it was one of the things they tested for.
He did have muscles which kept going into spasms and then getting inflamed, stiff and immobile - he was prescribed meds to deal with the spasms, and al the other bits went.
So chin up girl, we'll hope its something that can be easily fixed *hugs*
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >