Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 04:34 PM

Judgemental, Nosey People...

Doesn't it irritate you when people HAVE to comment on what you're doing??

This one bloke at work just asked what i was doing this weekend before he left, as you do. I mentioned that i was picking up my new parrot sunday. Instead of saying something nice, he has to lecture me about what a ridiculous thing that is to do and what a waste of money it is - "why do you want ANOTHER pet?"

Now, i tend to keep myself to myself and dont get involved in other peoples lives so dont know too much about what people get up to at work, but i wouldn't have the cheek to say something like that to someone How RUDE!!

Im sure, for a lot of people, it is a lot of money to spend on a pet when they have kids to look after and stuff like that. But, i have no kids, live on my own, made sure to take a mortgage i could easily afford (was a struggle at first admittedly!!) and i only have what i need. I hardly watch any TV ever, so i havent bothered getting licence and TV aerial put up until i can afford sky as its not worth it. I havent got the computer games, havent even got internet set up at home (am planning that though!lol) so, surely, its up to me what i choose to spend the money i've saved on??

Sorry im ranting, but it just really annoyed me how he actually lectured me about what to spend my money on!! Who's business is that exactly??? Maybe im in a bad mood today But it really wound me up!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I completely agree with you Jessica, we are childless (not through choice) and the number of people who feel they should comment on what we spend our money on shocks me sometimes. I came to the conclusion it's jealousy, they haven't made good choices and can't afford to buy what they want so the resent that we can.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 04:49 PM
jessica tell him to take a hike .like you say its none of his business ,if people spent ,time sorting there own lives out and being friendly to others ,would it have killed him to ,smile and say how lovely ,what you going to call him/her .

i never judge people (no ones perfect )were all so diffrent i cant stand people ,who are so negative and spite full . have a lovely weekend and PICTURES PLEASE (dont let him rain on your parade ) and dont forget next time ,he says im getting (so and so ) what do you wont that for ,what a waste of money
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Two words, Jessica - the second one's "OFF"

x0x
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I used to work with someone like that he used to tell me I had too many animals! He had none, and didn't really like animals, which told me all I needed to know,but he would also comment on the car I drove, and even how much time I play bowls, he was a miserable guy who looked older than he was and was obviously not enjoying his life which was why he was so sour about other peoples, sounds like your work colleague is related to my ex colleague, sad little people.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2008, 05:26 PM
I get the same comments as well - I ignore them, now, although they do something really get to me.
When we were getting Roux, I was (understandibly) very excited although I tried to keep the talk about dogs to a minimum at work. Many colleagues still felt that they needed to tell me that I have "Noah's Ark" and "surely you'd rather have a nice holiday".
Personally, I'd rather have my dogs, rabbits, owl, snake and horse any day of the week
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 06:35 PM
what I would like to know is what you said to him, I hope you twisted his head a bit, .... my response would have been.. look, you prob have the top sky pack, net, all that sort of stuff... so you can troll the sad lonely men sites on the net....Im getting a parrot.. as it has more comunication skills than most men I know.. you included...

well what I really would have said would have been far more hurtful but I cant put it on here
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd have told him to get a life himself too!! Condescending g*t!!!! What you choose to spend the money YOU work hard on Jessica is entirely up to YOU and nobody else!!!

Some know it all once tried to tell me how I should be doing this and that with my horse which was costing me a small fortune at the time,so I turned around to her and said the day she pays for his welfare and keep and spends the time mucking him out and riding him, is the day she can turn around to me and tell me what I can and can't do with him!!!! Grrrr. I'm not too keen on some folk ya know!!!!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I didnt actually say anything to him. I hate getting into arguments and he was on a bit of a tangent about how stupid and insensitive it was for me to "throw money away" when some people cant afford to keep a roof over their heads that i didnt manage to get a word in!!

Now, i feel as bad as anyone for those who have lost their homes and are struggling at the moment, we're all having to watch what we're spending (myself included!) but i dont think me buying a bird is insensitive to others?? That really annoyed me!!

Helena - This guy has actually commented on how much i spend on horses, tells me his sister "wastes her money on horses too", but this is the first time he's been so rude about it!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 07:21 PM
I'd have told him it was a straight choice between taking him on a week's holiday, or get the parrot.. and the parrot looked the most attractive option

Some people do think they have a right to tell you what to do with your money, but quite frankly they don't.
Shrug it off, you earned it, you get to choose how to spend it. You'll never make a non animal person understand.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >