Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 01:41 PM

How did you meet your OH?

Inspired by monkeydonkey in an earlier thread and my curiosity about how many people have met through dogs, how did you meet your OH?

Tell the story......
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I'll go first (unless rachelsetters beats me to it again):

A friend I made volunteering in Vietnam set me up on a dating website when I got back from travelling as she said it was a great way to carry on meeting people and get back in to life in the UK.

I was abit dubious, especially when all the topless photos came in with "alright darlin', you look fit" etc etc.

Then, when I was about to give up I stumbled across a picture of this very "hot" guy, reaching in to hisd fridge for a yogurt! Basically, he'd taken everything out of the fridge except a yogurt, set his camera up on a timer, inside the fridge and snapped himself reaching for the yogurt. I was very impressed with the originality and it also gave me a good starting point for conversation. I contacted him, saying that I hoped he hadn't wasted away as that fridge looked very empty.

The rest as they say is history.... this was nearly three years ago and we've married for nearly three months ;o)
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'll go first (unless rachelsetters beats me to it again):

A friend I made volunteering in Vietnam set me up on a dating website when I got back from travelling as she said it was a great way to carry on meeting people and get back in to life in the UK.

I was abit dubious, especially when all the topless photos came in with "alright darlin', you look fit" etc etc.

Then, when I was about to give up I stumbled across a picture of this very "hot" guy, reaching in to hisd fridge for a yogurt! Basically, he'd taken everything out of the fridge except a yogurt, set his camera up on a timer, inside the fridge and snapped himself reaching for the yogurt. I was very impressed with the originality and it also gave me a good starting point for conversation. I contacted him, saying that I hoped he hadn't wasted away as that fridge looked very empty.

The rest as they say is history.... this was nearly three years ago and we've married for nearly three months ;o)

Nope you got there first!

Although was just about to post

Lovely story and he got your attention didn't he

Mine is so uninteresting compared to yours really met at work 20 years ago and was one of those things that was just meant to be - many said it wouldn't last - married now for 13 with two kids and currently 4 dogs

But to make it more exciting we got married in Las Vegas
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Vegas? Rockin'.

Pictures please.

In fact, we should do a wedding pictures thread, but I'm conscious of over posting.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Vegas? Rockin'.

Pictures please.

In fact, we should do a wedding pictures thread, but I'm conscious of over posting.
lol maybe!
cayugawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Met my OH at college, doing a work related course. Got engaged after 9 weeks, married after 8 months. Still married 23 years later. Still in the same job, though I have moved hospitals a few times and we have now been working together for the past 3 years!

Lynn
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:09 PM
When my ex husband walked out on me, my best friend lived some 250 miles away, so I became a bit reclusive. My friend would be on the phone and speak to me online as often as she could, but was really busy with Uni work and felt guilty (silly mare ) that she didn't have more time for me. My doctor put me on so many anti-depressants and sedatives that I'm surprised I didn't rattle, but my friend was convinced that I didn't need pills - I needed to be able to talk to someone.

She introduced me to a good friend of hers via MSN and we got chatting. He was a wonderful "shoulder to cry on" and after a couple of days, we swapped mobile numbers and he would text me and phone me regularly to see how I was getting on, remind me to take my medication and generally to make me laugh. A few weeks later, it was my best friend's birthday and the two of them convinced me to go down and visit for the weekend. Apparently he spent the whole morning waiting by the window, racing for the front door whenever a car went by, because he was so eager to meet me properly. The three of us spent the afternoon together, and went out that evening for a pre-birthday drink with some other friends. The two of us ended up very drunk and got a bit carried away and the following day ended up in a serious talk about where things were going. I had feelings for him, but wasn't ready for a relationship so soon after my marriage falling down. So we decided to leave things be.

After I got home, we went back to calls and texts as often as we could, and after a couple of months I missed him so much. I needed financial help with the mortgage and bills, and he had nothing except our friend to keep him where he was, so after a while we agreed that he would move in as my lodger and we'd see where things went.

Nineteen months later, I've never been happier We're very much in love and have our lovely doggies. Our friend was not very happy at all to begin with and was convinced it was a rebound relationship and would never last, but we both feel that we've found true love, and over time, she's come round to the idea and is happy for us.

I know a lot of people thought it was "too soon" after my ex had left, but I think that we don't get a lot of chances at love and when we do, we have to sieze them with both hands. Carpe Diem became something of a motto for the both of us, and we plan to have matching "carpe diem" tattoos for our next anniversary
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Well my is a prime example of things happening for a reason . .

I was bullied at school for the last year of my GCSE's the stress was making me ill and i lost a lot of weight. So when it can time to do my alevels i decided i HAD to move schools. Now in my little town (bridgnorth WOOOO!) there are only 2 schools so there wasn't much in the way of choice!

I loved my new school and made friends with a great bunch of people, one of these was going out with Dave at the time who had left the school to go to college in town rather then a levels. We met got on really well and helped each other get over 2 big break-ups. I liked him and he liked me but neither of us did anything about it until 3 weeks before he was going to uni.

That was 7 1/2 years ago and we have now been married for just over a year!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I met my OH on a blind date!

We were set up by some friends, as we were the only single people in the respective groups of friends.

We all went out for someone's birthday, and pretty much got shoved together.

We had a fab night out, had our first kiss to Chumbawumba's 'Tub Thumping', got engaged 2 weeks later, moved in together 3 months after we met and got married 4 years later.

We've been together 10 years altogether (married for 6 of them)...

Everyone say "Aawww"
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I met my hubby at the English National Sheepdog Trials, so it was very much a dog-related meeting
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »