Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-04-2005, 11:43 AM

Tricks!

What tricks do you do with your dog? And how do you train them?

When playing with Lola (if she's in the mood) we do the usual stuff like sit, down, 1paw, 2paws, we do “hi five” which is similar to a paw but my little boy thinks it really cool J I’ve tried the weaving through legs but that’s going to need loads of practice. J
mirknzoe
Dogsey Junior

26-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi ,Mirk my 9yr old Wsd knows about 30 of his toy by name and loves no more than to spend every evening fetching them, great for when the weather is too bad to go out training. I started of with one and said it's name as I threw it to him and progressed from there, not so good when you are trying to watch corry though
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 12:01 PM
That is really impressive mirknzoe...
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by mirknzoe
Hi ,Mirk my 9yr old Wsd knows about 30 of his toy by name and loves no more than to spend every evening fetching them, great for when the weather is too bad to go out training. I started of with one and said it's name as I threw it to him and progressed from there, not so good when you are trying to watch corry though
wow! thats brilliant I may start trying that with Lola
mirknzoe
Dogsey Junior

26-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Thank you, what happens now is , when I give Mirk a command he goes to find that particular toy and Zoe who at 9mth only knows about 3 jumps on the nearest toy then when Mirk brings the right one she takes it off him and this can go on all night if I let it
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 12:58 PM
awwww.... that is so sweet!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 01:05 PM
indie can do weaving through legs, but it took a few training sessions b4 she got the idea, and now she sorta does it while i walk, if shes in the mood,lol.
she'll also twist around on command, which is fun to watch lol.
she doesnt know the name of her toys, tho i did try to teach her, but she will find a ball if i hide it somewhere and tell her to find it.

ive also taught her to rear up on command.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Hmm... mine are a bit less exciting than those, but here goes!! Pickles will sneeze if you say bless you (struggling to stop him though!!), he'll bark when you say "listen" (not sure how I managed that!!) and that's about it!
Woody will beg for food and also bark when asked. Oooh and he'll shake if asked before he comes in the house (if he thinks it's necessary!!) The rest are the usual sit, stay downs etc!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I taught my dog the best trick ever, how to close doors!!!! The other dog can open them and he closes them!!!! Not too clever when he locks himself in rooms!! lol!!!
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 09:17 AM
tam's not that fantastic but he knows some things, usually picked up in the course of obedience training. He'll speak on command, bring a ball if you say "where's your ball?" and a chew if you ask about that. We're still working on "bring me your lead" He'll also give you his paw, and "wave". He can also do the weave around legs, and s-l-o-w-l-y (not that slow but not as fast as some) weave through poles, and he can spin on cue (when he wants).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >