Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:20 PM

Steak Pie

ive just been waiting on steak pie an its freezing i didnt know you were ment to defrost it first what will i do
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi melzy, not sure what you mean, are you cooking it?
A lot of pies can be cooked from frozen, you just have to wait a bit longer
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
it says on the box defrost and the pastry is ready and inside is frozen still and the reason i wanted it is only because i wanted liver but it wasnt defrosted! and my smiles arnt working now
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Melzy igf the pastry is ready you can either carefully cut the top off the pie and wrap in tin foil and put in for 5 mins when the pie meat iss ready, or cover the pie in tin foil to protect the pastry and continue to cook till the meat is ready, I'd also up the temperature to about 180 if it is still frozen (assuming it isn't already being cooked at 180!)
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Melzy igf the pastry is ready you can either carefully cut the top off the pie and wrap in tin foil and put in for 5 mins when the pie meat iss ready, or cover the pie in tin foil to protect the pastry and continue to cook till the meat is ready, I'd also up the temperature to about 180 if it is still frozen (assuming it isn't already being cooked at 180!)
i pre heated the oven and put pie in at 180 was in for 30 mins an still freezin itsnot even funny like
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
i pre heated the oven and put pie in at 180 was in for 30 mins an still freezin itsnot even funny like

OK if pastry is all around the pie eg top and bottom is pastry wrap the whole thing in tin foil and put back in oven (the tin foil will stop the pastry burning.

If it is just the top that is pastry cut the pastry top off and wrap in tin foil and put aside put meat back in oven and cook till its ready then put the pastry back in the oven for 5 minutes to heat it up and vwalah you pie will be rescued.....
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
OK if pastry is all around the pie eg top and bottom is pastry wrap the whole thing in tin foil and put back in oven (the tin foil will stop the pastry burning.

If it is just the top that is pastry cut the pastry top off and wrap in tin foil and put aside put meat back in oven and cook till its ready then put the pastry back in the oven for 5 minutes to heat it up and vwalah you pie will be rescued.....
thanks im such an idiot sometimes
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
it says on the box defrost and the pastry is ready and inside is frozen still and the reason i wanted it is only because i wanted liver but it wasnt defrosted! and my smiles arnt working now
Poor melzy, you aren't having much luck are you?
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Poor melzy, you aren't having much luck are you?
nope so fed up about my liver and pie i opened a beer lol
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Melzy! Is this for real?! Hope you managed to get your steak pie sorted.

I've just had steak pie! Delicious it was too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >