Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:31 PM

being seen in the dark

I went to the park tonight with my friend and her dog at 6pm and had a nice walk, but by 7pm we couldn't even see the dogs when they went further ahead!
We met a couple with a dog wearing a sort of flashing light on his collar but the couple couldn't remember where they got it from.
Does anyone have any ideas where to get one of these or a flashing collar maybe?
Strangely enough you could see my friends black dog better than you could see my golden retriever
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Mmmm i used to have one for my old Len who would wonder off and was poorly sighted and deaf so it was really important to see where he was.

It was made of reflective stuff and also had a row of flashign LED lights all the way along it.

Can't remember where i got it though sorry!

It was before i had internet, years and years ago, so i suppose i must have got it from a pet shop somewhere!

Sorry i can't be more helpful!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Mine have reflective dog coats and a flashing collar that was brought from pets at home, they also both have different colour flashing tags so that I know what dog is what when they are running.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Mine have reflective dog coats and a flashing collar that was brought from pets at home, they also both have different colour flashing tags so that I know what dog is what when they are running.
Oooo now that's clever thinking! I would never have thought of that. I may get one for Tonks as i can never see her when she is in the garden.....perils of a dark dog!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Aww bless her, does she play up because she knows that you can't see her but she can see you?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Aww bless her, does she play up because she knows that you can't see her but she can see you?
Mmm i don't think so, but it would stop me having to call her back just to check she is still in the garden.... i could just stand at the kitchen window and watch the pretty lights!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
I went to the park tonight with my friend and her dog at 6pm and had a nice walk, but by 7pm we couldn't even see the dogs when they went further ahead!
We met a couple with a dog wearing a sort of flashing light on his collar but the couple couldn't remember where they got it from.
Does anyone have any ideas where to get one of these or a flashing collar maybe?
Strangely enough you could see my friends black dog better than you could see my golden retriever
hi pet city we got one for our dogs last year
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Mmm i don't think so, but it would stop me having to call her back just to check she is still in the garden.... i could just stand at the kitchen window and watch the pretty lights!
It is easier, and when they run it looks so weird seeing flashing lights everywhere.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I bought a couple of light up collars last year or the year before. They were pretty cheap, but worked quite well (though not so much on my dogs because they have thick roughs and the hair covers the collar )

I gave someone else the link to them the other day..will see if I can find it again.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 08:13 PM
....here's the link to the other thread rather than just my post as a few other people had different suggestions

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=93119
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >