Anistel

New Member!

Dogs owned: Springer Spaniel
05-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #1

Noisy, Gurgling Stomach Problems

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #2

Re: Noisy, Gurgling Stomach Problems

It could be her stomach is empty so a biscuit last thing at night and as soon as she gets up may help stop it.
A lot of dogs get acid build up which can be uncomfortable and cause this.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Cross Breeds
05-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #3

My Freya had a very similar problem.. on a regular basis.

She never had probs with her poo... but would often bring up bile and wouldn`t eat anything first thing. We started feeding her a tiny amount before bed time... which did seem to help a great deal... but the problem has seemed to decrease the older she got.

Supervisor

05-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #4

Hi Rozz welcome to Dogsey.

How many meals a day are you feeding? Dogs with tummy troubles seem to do better on a number of small meals each day of moist rather than dry food.

New Member!

05-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #5

Hello,

Thank you for your responses.

I give Willow a probiotic biscuit just before bedtime and I feed her twice a day, I could try giving her a smaller meal later on as I didn't think of the acid aspect. I read that giving plain yoghurt also calms the stomach down which I blended with rice which seemed to help a bit, but I would like to stop it altogether. Can anyone suggest food that might help? I thought the sensitive one would help but she has been on this for a few months now.

Thanks again.

Dogs owned: Boxers
05-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmare
It could be her stomach is empty so a biscuit last thing at night and as soon as she gets up may help stop it.
A lot of dogs get acid build up which can be uncomfortable and cause this.

Yes I agree, maybe a piece of toast or something a little more than a biscuit last thing at night.

Ginger is good for upset tummies also, i give my boy a ginger biscuit when he has a bout of IBD..

Also it may help if you add natural pro biotic yoghurt to her daily meals

Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #7

My little Milo gets excess acid so I feed him 4 times a day. He also cannot tolerate dry foods at all and can only eat certain wet foods.

New Member!

05-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #8

Thanks.

I went straight out and bought Willow some ginger biscuits! I think you're right with the acid given that she is fine the rest of the day. I am thinking of changing her over to NatureDiet as I always thought dry food was better but I don't think her stomach agrees! Perhaps giving it in smaller amounts too.

Thanks again.

New Member!

Dogs owned: afgahn
drmark is Male
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #9

most often this is a maldigestion problem. probiotics are sometimes helpful, but often not without the addition of stomach digestive enzymes. example, bromalin and papain
often using papaya will help
dr mark

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: one gsd
06-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #10

Hi there. My last dog who had severe gastric problems was much better off being fed little and often so that he stomach was never really empty and the digestive system copes much better with smaller meals than even 2 a day. Live yoghurt is also good. Her stomach used to rumble loudly, especially in the evenings, and she'd turn her head around and stare at her flanks, or stare into space, does your dog do this too? I think this is a sign of pain in the stomach too. If you haven't tried Chappie, then I would recommend that you give that a go. Vets highly recommend it for upset tums, and see how she does on it. You can always add some nice tasty meat with it which I do, I cook up chicken breasts and mix some of that in with it. I think it's brilliant stuff for upset tums. Good luck, I hope it settles down for her, and I'm also glad you don't get the diarrhea with it. The eating of the grass is also what my dog would do every single morning or in the evening when I let her out in the garden. It's their way of calming their stomach's down and it usually works, they always know best! Good luck.