Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 01:43 PM

Feeling really down

I am feeling really down at the moment

Everything just seems to be a bit...bleurgh...

Work is quite stressful at the moment, but no more than it has been since I started

I just seem to be so busy generally that I am tired all the time. With a full time job, a house, the gardens and all the animals to look after, I'm always doing "something" and never seem to have 10 minutes to sit down.

The final straw was at the weekend. We went to see SIL, as she had her baby late last week.

She was saying that she is exhausted, and that her toddler is driving her mad cos he is a little b*gger, and they have no money. I actually had to leave the room.

I consider her to be very lucky indeed. I am paying for her and her OH to sit and home and have babies and not have a job, whilst I (and my OH) work full time to keep a roof over our heads.

I can't have kids at the moment, as I can't afford to stop work to have them. Our financial situation is such that we couldn't pay the mortgage if I wasn't working full time.

I'd love to be a stay-at-home mum but don't think that, in the current economic/financial climate, there's even a slim chance that it will happen soon.

I feel like it's all a bit sour grapes at the moment for me. It's not that I'm absolutely desperate to have babies, but more the fact that I don't even have the choice, whereas she has sat on her a*se for 3 years since she left school, had everything handed to her on a plate and then decided to have 2 children within 2 years.

I know that I'm lucky enough to be working, and have my own house and a decent income and a great husband, and be able (hopefully) to have kids when I want, but it just all feels a bit flat.

Phew, that feels a bit better. Thanks for letting me vent!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Awww, I don't think you're the only one feeling like that at the moment.

I was just saying to Youngstevie this week how tired I've been feeling -even though I think I've been sleeping well enough.

I'm sure its got something to do with the lousy summer we've had and the fact that winter is well and truly approaching. I suspect, like me, that you are already doing your morning walks in the dark and that doesn't help at all.

Spring is a long way off, so we'll both have to find something else to look forward to in the meantime.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Glad you feel a little better for venting - we all get times like this - honest x Have you had a break recently ? maybe time to have a long weekend and some special time together x
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I've been feeling similar lately so i booked last friday off work and spent the day footling about the garden (well ripping a fence out and attacking anything that didnt move with the mower) with the dog 'helping' me. Bit of sunshine and hanging out with the dog for the day did me the world of good.

Try a little 'me time' x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Hope you fell better soon, was feeling much the same myself the other week. Not enough sunshine this year I think.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Huge, huge hugs because I know just what you are going through at the moment.
Life can sometimes be on a downer, sometimes even for no reason, but esp when you have work and family stress etc.

But you can always come on here and let it out.

*hugs hugs hugs*
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 04:24 PM
A day off and some pampering is what you need, Shelley.

A day in front of the TV, or in the garden with Max and Murph.

A day spent doing what YOU want, and not what others want you to do.

A day spent relaxing and NOT to use to fit in all the jobs you don't have the time for.

A day for "you" and you alone.

Any chance? It'll do you a power of good, promise x0x0x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 08:07 PM
I think you need to be flat coated!!!!!

Failing that I agree with the others, have a you day...just pottering, doing tap all, read the paper, potter...nothing else.
Or a weekend away?
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2008, 07:14 AM
I have a sister that used to wind me up for exactly the same reasons.
But I couldn't do what she did and retain any self esteem.
Eventually I managed to let her moans go in one ear out the other.

I would agree with everyone else though - if you can manage it a bit of time off would be in order *hugs*
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Awwww never mind hun,at least you can say you worked and hard at that,for all you have .Your time will come to have what your sis has and more and you wont have anyone to thank but yourself and your oh
Keep your chin up and like everyone else said take some time out for you and your oh.It's amazing what a few hours away from the hum drum achieves xxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >