Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 02:09 PM

Seasick - Is this normal?!

I think im going mad or something.

Sat at my desk, happily typing away and i swear it feels like the whole desk, computer and all is tipping up I nearly fell off my chair and felt sick afterward, like properly seasick!! And i dont even get seasick!!

Its happened 5 or 6 times in the last 10 mins or so. Is this normal or is my brain finally giving up on me? More caffeine maybe if i can make it upstairs to the kitchen without falling down them lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 02:59 PM
have you eaten today? have you had plenty of fluids?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 03:47 PM
If the room starts spinning soon Jessica, I'm afraid you've got Vertigo! Look it up, it's very interesting, and quite frightening when it first comes on. I get these symptoms sometimes when standing for a while, but you're having them sitting I know. If you start to feel drunk when you get up and walk, then you've defiitely got it!!! Don't worry, it's not a brain thing, it's an ear thing, and if you look it up you'll learn all about it! I have the room spinning at 90mph sometimes when mine comes on, and I feel sooooooo sick. They usually give you pills for meneire's (sp?) disease to help it, which don't, or sea-sickness pills. I hope it's just a blip, but you'd be wise to take a look on the net about vertigo, just in case it turns full blown in the middle of the night and scares you to death like it did me!!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 03:50 PM
could also be labyrinthitis ( sp) its an inner ear infection and can make you feel sick and fall over.

Also I fell right over once as felt really sick and as if i was seasick and it was very early pregnancy sickness ?????just to warn you !!! )
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks all!! I had the same thing happen several times last night. I hadn't eaten much during the day (though the same as normal) and it still happened after i'd eaten last night. No spinning, just everything feels like its tipping up, i swear, it even felt like the floor and chair were - very unnerving!!

Will maybe make an appointment to see doctors if it carries on. Havent had anything this morning though i still have a kind of sick feeling in my stomach and i feel a little dizzy, but only when sat down, not when im standing. Very odd!!

I've had some problems recently, they thought I had ovarian cysts cos i was having bad stomach pains (could explain the sickness??) and also i had tests about a month ago for diabetes which was negative, but they never did find out what was majking me feel unwell..
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I am suffering with labrythitis (sp) right now I get it a lot my Dr has given me Stemetil to help with the dizziness.....you need to see your Doctor and have some rest. Its a horrible thing I am just at the beginning of this attack and it usually lasts a couple of weeks so am not happy
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Thanks all!! I had the same thing happen several times last night. I hadn't eaten much during the day (though the same as normal) and it still happened after i'd eaten last night. No spinning, just everything feels like its tipping up, i swear, it even felt like the floor and chair were - very unnerving!!

Will maybe make an appointment to see doctors if it carries on. Havent had anything this morning though i still have a kind of sick feeling in my stomach and i feel a little dizzy, but only when sat down, not when im standing. Very odd!!

I've had some problems recently, they thought I had ovarian cysts cos i was having bad stomach pains (could explain the sickness??) and also i had tests about a month ago for diabetes which was negative, but they never did find out what was majking me feel unwell..
Is it worse on lying down Jessica, especially on ONE side, and then it subsides after a few minutes if you stay put? Sometimes the room doesn't spin for me, but everything tips up, hence I can't walk properly, I feel like I'm on a boat! Lol! If it is vertigo and your doc will know by doing a special test with you, it's only bits of calcium falling into the fluid in your ears, and because they are sometimes big bits, the fluid sort of goes haywire and can't cope, and that's why it's not all the time, only now and again, when some bits fall in! I had mine badly for almost 2 years, then it just went, but then it does come back sometimes and hits me like a ton of bricks especially if I'm out walking! Do you feel like you're walking on cotton wool, almost as if you can't feel the ground properly beneath you when everything tips up? Good luck, go to the quack, I hope it's just maybe an inner ear infection which can be treated with ab's.