Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 02:29 PM

Interesting Article about Rottweiler Attacks

USA Article on the above subject. When I was at School (North London) there were a number of cases of Rottweilers attacking school children. It did not happen at my school but I remember it happened at my best friend's school whilst they were having a break, a number of Rottweilers broke into the school grounds. I was looking for that article when I came across the above. I do remember a lad at our school when I was primary age having a lovely Rottweiler, he was older and I remember him bringing his dog outside the school gates and it used to bark on command etc. Lovely dog. Personally I think how the dogs are raised have much to do with temprement but I also believe the dogs that have sound temprements are the ones that should be breed from as I believe temprement can be passed down. What do others think?
http://www.dogexpert.com/Popular%20P...%20attack.html
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Like any other breed it's what breeders and owners make of them.Highly strung dogs should never be bred from,simple as, xxxxxxxxx
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Oh its Rottie bite attacks now..last week it was husky's and mals killing chickens?

ALL dogs have the ability to bite..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Rottweilers are a breed for highly experienced dog owners.... storys such as those in the article are all too common, when 'breeders' sell numptys dogs....

Sadly it seems many bad breeders/BYB/PF still churn these dogs out selling to anyone and everyone, so its not a headline I see thats going to die out over night.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 04:25 PM
That article is 7 years old.
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I think a dog attack should be defined as more than one bite. A single bite can be a reaction to lots of external influences and can be a terrible mistake . Unfortunately a single bite from a Rott can be devastating but I think the press sensationalise any misdemeanour without finding out the facts.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 08:04 PM
the most nasty dog ive met recently was a JR he just flew at all the other dogs. hes a rescue and aparently he didint like dark dogs???
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2008, 10:12 AM
i think to be sure, you need a good temperament- bred. and a good owner, i'm sure there are some dogs that can turn, but with good leadership and socialization, i think the probability is greatly reduced.
ALL dogs can bite, after all they are animals, and should be treated with respect- i'm sure most of us have had the daft parents letting kids run up to our dogs squealing
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes, I agree there are some awful breeders out there and owners of course It is interesting to hear other peoples view points, thanks xx
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I agree. Breeding for temperament is extremely important as is breeding for health. Temperament can be affected VERY greatly by the way a dog is brought up, but ONLY those dogs with a sound temperament should be bred from.