Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 10:34 AM

Who's from Birmingham? Travel advice needed

Ok all you Dogsey members in Birmingham...what would be the best way, but don't want to spend heaps of money, to get from the InnKeepers Lodge in Sheldon (?) to the NEC?

I am going to Horse of the year show and I think we are getting the train down so I need to get from the Train station to Sheldon then to the NEC then back to Sheldon then the train next day. Failing that we would drive down and drive to the innkeepers lodge and then just need to get to and from the NEC.

Any advice approximate costs welcome.

Thanks
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-09-2008, 08:15 PM
When you get to sheldon, seek out the coventry road (a45). Head straight out of birmingham along this road and the nec will be on the left hand side, approx 1 mile after the road turns dual carriage way and national speed limit.

watch out for speed cams - there are several on that road.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks Chris...I must have somehow missed this answer so sorry I didn't reply

We have decided just to drive as that way we can maybe visit the west midlands safari park or blackpool illuminations on the way home.

Wish I had a laptop as am sure we will get lost as soon as we turn off the M6

But think we will leave car at lodge and just get bus to NEC they are evey 20 minutes so should be ok.