Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Scam email - really made me larf!

Just how stupid do these people think we are?

This is one of the best ones yet. I've highlighted some of the errors in red:

Account Verification Error:

Halifax Bank Plc is sending you this notification message because we seem to be having errors in the proper verificatin of your account. This might be due to one of the following reasons:

*A recent Change in your Access Code
*A recent Change in your billing information
*An Internal error within our servers

You are required to Rectify this error as soon as possible.

Use the "Sing in" button below to verify your Account Information.

We protect our online service with the latest security measures available. In the unlikely event you fall victim to online fraud, we guarantee you won't lose any money from your account and we will always reimburse you in full.

Please do not respond to any emails that appear to be from Halifax asking you to confirm your personal sign in details or linking you to a website that asks you to do so. Halifax would never send emails that ask for confidential or personal security information.

If you would prefer not to receive further messages from us, please click the button above. You will receive one further email confirming your removal from our database.
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.

I'm off now to "sing in".

Anyone care to join me?

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll join you in a 'sing in' - not sure they'll appreciate my voice though
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
lol at that, I would email them back telling them to go sing for it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I have a whole file of these Banking Scam e mails, I even got one from MBNA Europe this morning. Funny thing is I don't bank with any of them. The Bank that I do business with doesn't have my e mail either. I have received 1 scam e mail purporting to be from my Bank and I forwarded it straight to their Fraud Department.
I just wonder, is anyone actually interested in these scam e mails?? I kept them on the off chance that someone somewhere would want to do something about it, but not heard of anyone as yet
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2008, 09:13 AM
yes, let's sing in...

I vote for Money Money Money by Abba

or, for the more refined taste...

Money makes the World go Around
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2008, 09:18 AM
i think whats more worrying is that people do actually reply with their details !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ibinpudled
New Member!
Female 

08-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Sad thing is that there are enough people out there who will fall for it to make it worth their while continuing to spam everyone
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I got a good one this morning..

Hello , It my pleasure to forward you this inquiry , I would like to know from you as a reputable breeder, if there is any available dog in your home at present .

I wish to let you know I used to have Jacco , a Male Basset hound breed in my house , which was just taken away by my Daugther who just got married a week ago .

As a matter of fact at the moment , we are searching for a replacement for our Jacco as a family .

I would be glad to negociate any available offer from you ( either young or matured ) as of this moment ... Please if you have any for sale kindly contact me at yuor convenient time. And do not forget to indicate your interest on selling puppies abroad , as I resides in United Arab Emirates ( U.A.E ) Dubai .
Thanks,
Bobby XXXXXXXXX.
Yeah... ok>. from two dogs who don't have enough bits between them!!