Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Eye probs

need a vent
My eyes arnt brilliant - i only wear glasses when im driving/reading blackboard etc....

well recently ive realised that recently ive had to blink
several times to focus on something,,,, im short sighted so it means i cant see things from far away (that right)?

but ive also realised that i have problems focusing on things close up - like my computer screen - takes me longer to read things..

i walk past people - i cant see them until they are proper close up - even when they are close i get mistaken with people (im not stupid its my sight!)

ive booked in the opticians for next week - i know im due an eye test,,,,, i know i might need stronger glasses -

im constantly being taken the pi55 out of by someone who i work with - im almost 20 ffs and its getting me down!!!

does anyone on here have contacts??? im bothered about putting them in but i think it could be the best thing for me?

sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 08:11 PM
oh hun i am sure it will be fine but you might need some thing like bi-focals thats 2 prescription in a pair of glasses my has to have them she was long sighted (could not see close up) but like you she was having probs with both they have really helped her but some people cant get on with them and they have 2 sets of glasses. good luck hun might be its not that bad every thing crossed for you xxx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 08:12 PM
my mum used to wear contacts and she was worried about putting them in and out. the person where she went gave her lessons first with just clear lenses to see if she was ok with it. if you ask they are great at helping
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Your optician should allow you to have a contact lens trial before you commit to using them all the time.

I can only wear contact lenses occasionally as they don't correct my vision as well as glasses do asn I therefore would not be happy to wear them for driving and I get headaches and sore eyes if I wear them for work. However, they are fine for a night out (when, lets face it, I'm unlikely to be able to see straight anyway )

Wearing glasses all the time really doesn't bother me. I have needed them full time for about the last 8 years, before that I struggled along only wearing them occasionally which probably did my eyes a whole lot of harm. Now it's second nature to wear them and I feel a bit strange when I wear my contact lenses. Plus there is a fantastic variety of styles available so getting new ones is just another excuse to go shopping
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 10:07 PM
thanks guys

i generally laugh off stupid comments but tbh i know my sight is geting worse - both my parents are reliant on glassses - so i know its going to happen eventually just not this quick

even when i spoke to my mum she was shocked at how quickly i needed to wear glasses

i dont mind wearing them as long as i have a nice funky frame...

guess what this months savings are going on then lol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I've worn contacts for about 3 years now and I'd be lost without them. I've had bad eyesight from about the age of 13/14, I have a bad astigmatism which means the lenses in my eyes are different shapes (I think?), making one eye a lot worse than the other.

I'm lucky in that my prescription is spot on and as a result my vision is better than someone of my age with "normal" vision, although I do have to give my eyes a rest and wear my glasses once a week. A small price to pay cos I HATED wearing my glasses 24/7!

Like someone said, when you get your eyes tested ask them about contact lenses, they're usually very good and give you a trial to see if you like them. It took me a while to get used to them, but now I'd be lost without them.
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-07-2008, 10:21 PM
im sure you'll look lovely...

Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 10:44 PM
haha pmsl!!!!!!!!!

hey - i want pink ones!!!!!