Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Help with worm dose

Its kobi's day to be wormed and i'm flippin confused lol.

His worm paste (panacur 18.75% oral paste) came from hyperdrug already in syringe but this is where it gets complicated. Thursday 17th he weighed 11.5kg.

It says on instructions

Up to 1kg i syringe graduation daily dose for 3 days
1.1-2kg 2 syringe graduation daily dose for 3 days
2.1-3kg 3 syringe graduation daily dose for 3 days

it says underneath that additional syringes are required for puppies under 6 months of age weighing over 6kg.

For puppies weighing over 6kg an extra syringe graduation is required daily for each additional 1kg bodyweight.

If anybody can please tell me in simple terms how much he has to have i would be grateful am i right in thinking that with this paste i'm supposed to give it him every day over a 3 day period and would need another one ordering as it also says each 5g syringe is sufficient to dose up to 9kg bodyweight as a single dose.

I have never had this trouble before i wish i had never ordered the paste now.
hooperdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2008, 04:35 PM
How old is your dog because he weighs over 10kg so a drontel tablet can be given instead of panacur paste.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Sorry I am not a lot of help Sambo maths was never my subject .
There is something to be said for going to vets to obtain worm preparation..

I go to the vets and the vet nurse weighs my dog (I can do it myself but it's easier this way) I get the correct dosage of Pancure granules to be administered over three days and am just charged for the granules not the visit. It couldn't be easier and if there is any adverse reaction the vet is available to help, after all they were responsible for supplying the medication.