Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 06:47 AM

So Dissapointed

I have given it my all this week. There has not been one unhealthy bit of food in my house this week. I have eaten very sensibly everyday except for yesterday when I was at a show and bought a burger. I have exercised as much as my body would allow, which granted is not really a lot, but I have done what I could and all I lost was 1 measley pound so I now weigh 13.12.
Always in the past I and everyone else I have known has had big weight losses in the first week or two then its settled at 1-2lbs a week.
If this is my big first week weightloss then what hope is there for the other weeks.
On a more positive note I have given up smoking and have stayed strong so far so am pleased about that, although i am coming close to the point of saying "what the hell", I just feel I am having nothing enjoyable, suffering a lot more pain in my body because of the exercise, which is making even having 4 hrs sleep at night difficult because of the discomfort, and the weight is not even making an effort .
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 06:51 AM
And on a more positive note.....you have done a week of determination.
Giving up smoking and dieting.....well done to you.
I am sure you will see the benefits soon.
If you only loose a pound a week it is still a pound.
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Well done on giving up smoking, very hard to do along with dieting!! dont worry about only loosing 1lb its better to loose it slowly, you are more likely to keep it off. Best of luck for this week, and look forward to hearing next weeks weigh in!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Well done at least you have lost a pound and not gained a pound. So all positive not negative. It will go.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Think positive! You could have put that lb ON! You've done very, very well. When my o/h lost 5 stone in 6 months, it was only 1 or 2lbs some weeks, other's he did better.

I've lost 1lb this week too, but that is only because we were out all day yesterday, the food queues were too long, we had to walk 3 miles back to the car park at the end of it, and I only had a ham sandwich when I got home at 9pm. I shall be making up for that today though don't you worry!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Definitely think positive, Bev. A one pound weight loss is better than a one ounce gain

Hugs hon x0x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Keep our chin up Bev. The slower it comes off the longer it stays off. I've lost a stone but I've done it over 3 months. I don't want to give everything up so am happy to lose it a little at a time. Life is too short to cut everything out forever. Think positive and well done for quitting smoking also. You're doing wellxxx