Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 07:07 AM

Son's news

my eldest dropped a bombshell the night before we went away. his 16yr old girlfriend is 4.5 -5.5 months pregnant.

it has since been confirmed that the baby is due mid october. i am not getting angst out over it as there is nothing i can do to change the situation but i wish things were different.

at present he is doing an apprentship (sp) and only getting a pittance so i guess they will have to claim benefits to get by on. dont know how they are going to manage as he always is moaning he is broke.

not angry with him but disappointed that he has made such a huge mistake after i have warned him.

sue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Sue I am sure it will all turn out ok, it will make them grow up. You are right no point in getting angry its done now and the best has to be made of it all. I know what you mean about disappointment though that is how I felt when my eldest announced his girlfriend was pregnant. Although things haven't turned out well between them we do still see Joel although it is sometimes a battle, but he is lovely and it is great being a Nan.
Congrats Nanny.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Awwwww hun,I always say there are worse things in this world than the patter of tiny feet.Congrats on being a Granny,enjoy it as I'm sure you will do.I'm sure they will be grateful for any help you can give them,xxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Sorry you find yourself in this situation Sue, it can't be easy for you.

NOw how is it that in our day this was quite an unusual occurrence, whereas nowadays it seems to be the norm??? I can't quite fathom it out? I don't think I knew what sex was at 16 either, let alone at gymslip age! He can kiss goobye to a good career now then I suppose and say hello to benefits and nappy changing and if he ever finds a new girlfriend, he'll have to cough up for this one for most of his life, plus having a new planned family with his new partner. It's absolute insanity in my eyes! I quote Jeremy Kyle here "this is not a rehearsal, this is LIFE" and what a way to start his. If he wanted to start a family with this particular girlfriend they could have waited until he'd qualified in his job, and put something on the end of it couldn't they (another Jeremy Kyle favourite!)

I've seen other people on the tv with perhaps only one child, they're married, living in their own house and they are DESPERATE, desperate to have another child, and yet they say "we can't afford it", so how come a 16 year old girl and her boyfriend can then??? I really don't understand all this gymslip baby club, especially when I think back to when I was 16 with the whole World in front of me, and thank GOD I didn't go there, it wouldn't be for me, I was out to enjoy myself in my teens and early 20's as was normal in those days, but not anymore, they don't even realise what they're missing, no wonder they split up after 5 minutes with all the stress and money worries they must have together at such a young age.

NOthing you can do, except enjoy being a granny then Sue and be prepared for lots of baby sitting perhaps, but I'm sure he didn't want it this way somehow.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 12:32 PM
It'll probably all work out ok in the end, Sue. I know it's not what you want for your son, but teenagers always know what's best, and good advice from parents is usually looked upon as nagging. Not much any of us can do about that.

Hopefully, they love each other and things will work out ok

All right, Grannie? *ducks*

x0x
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 02:59 PM
(((hugs))) to you

this will be a very big wake up call for them both...