Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aimee222
New Member!
Female 

03-07-2008, 02:48 PM

Demanding Attention

My boyfriend has 3 daschunds who I am working with. They are good dogs, but I am teaching them some basic obedience. Nothing to do with that though, every time I pet one of them the other 2 come rushing up and Harvey (the only male) gets extremely jealous and is very demanding when it comes to getting attention. He will nudge, lick your hands, bark and get all crazy. He even gets upset with whatever dog I am petting and bites them (gently and nothing aggressive, just telling them to back off and let him be pet). How do I get him to stop getting so crazy every time I pet one of the other dogs or even when I am petting him? I'm so used to my dogs where whenever I pet them they love it but they are calm. They can just be laying there and I will come up to pet them and they won't get all wiggly and over excited. I want the same for these dogs but they don't know how to be calm while getting attention. Need some help please. Thanks ahead of time to everyone who replies!!!
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Just finished watching Jan Fennel on TV. She requests only one dog at a time, and rewards only that one dog with attention. She pays no attention to other dogs except to push them away from her.

Victoria Stillwell, however, would say if the dogs start an argument over you, to just get up and leave. That way, NO ONE gets you.

At the moment, Harvey is resource guarding you.