Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Getting Mum home on Sunday

I've been really busy lately sorting out extra equipment needed for us to be able to have mum back home coz she's ready at last.

I had her again for the day yesterday, and bless her little heart, when I woke her up after her afternoon nap and dressed her to bring her back downstairs for some supper (coz she hasn't got a tv upstairs it's still at the Care home) I said I'd be taking her home when she's had some tea, and she said "but I am home aren't I????" and when I said she wasn't she then said "but can't I stay here with you now???" Awwww, bless her little heart, I almost cried when I saw that litting pleading face! I had to explain that the home help and equipment wouldn't be set up until next Monday then Anyways, I've arranged for the home help to start on Monday, I had a lady round yesterday to chat to Mum from the agency about exactly what she needs here at home, so that's all sorted, she starts on Monday next week. Then I've got the Social Services man coming next Monday too, to discuss what they can offer us for FREE, and of course I had to write a letter to the Care Home saying it was time to bring her home and here's your last cheque from us!!! So much to do, I haven't had time to get on here lately! I've ordered loads of extra equipment to help her out, loo seats and frames, ramps, chair raisers, an electric bath chair that goes down into the bath remotely so she doesn't have to step in it at all, all nice and safe and secure. Blimey, we won't have room to move here with all this stuff I've bought!! I got the chiropodist in whilst she was here with me yesterday, coz the Care Home wouldn't let me have my own coz their's comes "every 6 weeks", to which I answered "well how come she's been back here for 7 weeks and still hasn't had one then?????"

I will bring lots of stuff home day by day until the week-end, and then hopefully that'll leave just her to bring home and the big stuff like her telly and bed grab rails etc. which Dave can do. Phew! It's certainly been all go for me, but no stress - yet!!!

She managed fine around the home yesterday with her zimmer frame, although I always made sure I followed her which is more than I can say for the Care Home where they just leave her to get on with it. She thoroughly enjoyed yet another roast lunch, and commented that she is only allowed one potato at the home even though she always asks for 2, they always say there's not enough you can only have one!!! £750 per week and you're only allowed ONE potato with your lunch??? I told her to tell them she had FIVE again today!!!

Awww, I'm getting all excited now, it'll be great to have her back, especially now that I've organised all the help I need, so I actually have the morning off, somebody will be here with her from 8.30 to 12 mid-day every single day doing everything she needs, except Sunday, but I said she can go without a wash on Sunday!!!

Will update you again when I've got her back home safe and sound, and I just can't wait. I know it had to be for her to be in that Home and they have done a marvellous job, but now that she's mobile again, it's only right that she returns to her own home with us where she'll be much happier, especially with all the visitors I have who enjoy chatting with her, it'll lift her spirits no end I'm sure of that.

I've another little secret but I'll tell you about that over the week-end! NO, it's not a rescue, that wasn't to be now with Mum suddenly returning, but it will happen once I get settled again in a new routine, just have to see how it goes, I can't stretch myself too far, one thing at a time for now.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Great news, Aitch. Mum will be so happy back at home. Don't overdo it though, hon - remember to rest!

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks Vicki, yes I will and this time around, I'm going to get the proper care in and not try and be ambidextrous or whatever the word is and do it all myself!!!! I bet you wondered what I'd been up to of late hadn't you!!! xxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Brilliant news Helena, I've lost track of whats been going on but had a bit of a read to catch up. I bet you'll both be much happier once she's back home.

Sheree xx
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Brilliant news Helen, but how are you going to play with your new toy now?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-06-2008, 08:24 PM
So pleased for you Helena and for your Mum.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2008, 08:34 PM
thought things were quiet!!!! You sound like you have everything covered. Good luck next week. How ridiculous to allow someone only one potato when you are paying £750
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Wonderful news Aitch, just make sure you take it easy too. Thought you'd been quiet in the last couple of days...don't forget to spill the beans about your little secret too. Glad to her you're getting sorted for your dear mum. xx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Wondered where you had been !!

Great news!!
Hope it all goes well - please let us know.

xx

PS They must be expensive potatoes !!! Where do they shop ??
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:38 PM
glad things have worked out for your mum helen

sounds like you got a dodgey care home there esp at £750 per week wow

our residents have as much as they want whenever they want 4 of them got me cooking egg and chips the other night at 9.30pm they felt peckish LOL
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >