Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 04:50 PM

Depressed??????

Do you think Dori is depressed?
Dori is funny one minute she is all bouncy and the next snapping at Kate and grauding things.
The only thing the vet says is she is over weight, which we are working on could this be why she is not happy.
She does have problems with her glands which we are dealing with by putting fiber in her food,which is helping.
Anyone have any ideas she is a goldie and should be happy go luck so everyone keeps saying.
Little monkey.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Has Dori always been like this or is it something that has started to happen recently?

Heidi
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
No she has always been like it, she changes some times and you think she is better and happier but then goes back like it.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Had a friend whse yellow lab was like that all her life. Sadly they never found out what caused it. Hope you find an answer.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Two possible causes. Firstly, is she spayed? Bitches can go moody when coming in season, or if they are having a phantom pregnancy.

Secondly, I would suggest a blood test for hypothyroidism. Snappyness, moodyness and general mood swings are a typical symptom. Ask for a FULL thyroid panel, NOT just T4 levels.

Not saying it is, but would be my first two thoughts and lines of enquiry! Good luck.
Dawn.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Two possible causes. Firstly, is she spayed? Bitches can go moody when coming in season, or if they are having a phantom pregnancy.

Secondly, I would suggest a blood test for hypothyroidism. Snappyness, moodyness and general mood swings are a typical symptom. Ask for a FULL thyroid panel, NOT just T4 levels.

Not saying it is, but would be my first two thoughts and lines of enquiry! Good luck.
Dawn.
Thank you, I have just looked up hypothyroidism see what it says and she has a some of the things they say are the signs of it, Had a chat with oh and have desided to go and have a talk to to the vet next week, see what he has to say.
Its worried me since she was a puppy.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Its worth exploring anyway. probably not, but at least you can eliminate it. Hope she gets the all clear.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I have an appointment tonight at 5:45.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 07:33 PM
We were in the vets for ages talking trying to sort out what may be wrong with her.
He has taken some blood and is doing all the tests for thyroid and some other tests as well which I can't remeber the name sorry, he said the one lot should be back by Thursday and then next week for the rest.
He listened really well, and if they come back with nothing then he said we have to go down a different path, as she has put on more weight since we went last time,
How I dont know has she only has half of what she sould now.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Best of luck with her, hope you find a cause for her behaviour, I know it must be worrying for you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >