Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 03:29 PM

My next case! Lol!

I'm on to my next case now - things go in 3's don't they

My 6 month old oak office desk purchased from LIttlewoods - the filing cabinet drawer runners disintegrated and Dave couldn't find any runners that were suitable, so I rang for replacements. 2 weeks later, a great big parcel arrives with half an office desk in it I rang and enquired why? They said they don't do the runners separately, so I was to take out what I wanted and send the rest back. We did this. Rang them to ask them to collect said enormous great big heavy box and they told me Thursday 10th April (long time I thought, but no worries). Last week I get a call from them saying they would collect said box on the 8th April I told them I had been told the 10th, but he said no, it's the 8th now. ok. Had to go out on the 8th, sooooo I dragged, or rather, "walked" this great big heavy box across the driveway to the gates, left a note on the gates saying it was just inside. Came home, parcel still there. Phoned them up and told them, and they said "oh no, it's not today it's the 10th" and you can imagine what I said in return Brought it back indoors coz of the rain. Today is the 10th yes? I think soooooo. I went through the same procedure this morning as I did on Tuesday and "walked" this blooming box across the gravel (it's a long way the length of 3 cars!!!!) with my bad sciatic hip, and left it just inside the gates so that I could close them (to stop Georgie escaping, not that he would!)and left the same note on the front of the gates, that the box was just inside if they slide the bolt. Now bearing in mind my collection slot was between 11 am. and 3.00 pm. guess what's lying out there on the ground and it's going to rain later??????? So, I've just phoned them only to be told I'll have to give them until 6.30 pm even though I was told up to 3.00 pm. So now I've got to move the bl**dy thing again otherwise Dave will drive straight over it when he arrives home at 6 pm.!!!!! I might just let him too!!!! GRRRRRRRR Is it me then???????
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh Helena, that is soooooooo annoying bit like the oil delivery people who once told me a date for delivery, I took a day off work (Unpaid 'cos I was a 'contract' consultant in them days) waited all day, made two calls to be told 'yes' he was comming, and at 6pm they suddenly decided he wasn't comming that day

If those runners disintegrate again you could try these people, they seem to have most types:-
http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/

Best of luck - That 'big box' will likely be binned when they get it back anyway
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
..... and I'm still waiting! I'm beggered if I'm going to move it too far this time, it can get rained on, see if I care! Lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Surely they won't turn up now will they chuck an old sheet over it and leave it there. Maybe someone will remove it during the night
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I can live in hope H!!!!