Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colley1275
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2008, 10:40 PM

quick question about show entries

HI there,

Just a quick and probably very daft question really......

Its been some years since I have shown and our pup is now 6 months and is entered for her first show, an open show at Goole on this coming Sunday....

My question is :-

Do you receive confirmation in the post before an open show with your ring numbers - or do you just give your name when you get there....... its been about 9 years since I showed our Weimaraner and I just cannot remember !!!

I have not got anything at all through the post from them you see.

I seem to remember receiving some confirmation from them for the champ shows.....

Thanks in advance and please forgive the daft question
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
For Open shows you don't receive any conformation.

What normally happens is you turn up at the show, pick up your catalogue and find your ring number, which you then tell the steward when you enter the ring.

HTH x
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Most open shows send nothing out. When you get there, find the Secretary's table, and give your name, they will then give you your catalogue (if you've ordered one) and your Entry number card.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Most open shows send nothing out. When you get there, find the Secretary's table, and give your name, they will then give you your catalogue (if you've ordered one) and your Entry number card.
I have to say that's a new one on me, I've never been given my ring number by the secretary at Open Shows (some breed Champ Shows do), always by the steward on entering the ring.

Something to watch out for I suppose!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I have to say that's a new one on me, I've never been given my ring number by the secretary at Open Shows (some breed Champ Shows do), always by the steward on entering the ring.

Something to watch out for I suppose!
All the shows I've been to in Devon have had the entry numbers in the catalogues, or an envelope if you havent ordered a catalogue.
Colley1275
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Excellent !!

Thanks so much - I thought it was the case - but was sat here wondering whether I had gone mad in my old age !! - well not that old - but never mind !!!

I love this forum - people are so helpful and you can get answers to questions really quickly.

Many thanks again.

Kind regards
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Gald we could help, also glad you're not going mad!

Originally Posted by Malady View Post
All the shows I've been to in Devon have had the entry numbers in the catalogues, or an envelope if you havent ordered a catalogue.
Ah that might be the difference then as I always order a catalogue and then pick up my ring number from the steward on entering the ring.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2008, 01:41 AM
That's a new one to me as well. I've always been handed by number when entering the ring.
Colley, if you want confirmation of your entry then just send a stamped self addressed postcard with your entry with something like

Confirmation of Entry and payment for
"Name of Dog" entered in class ***
at "Name of Show" on "Date

Signed

Date

The secretary will send this back signed and dated so you know your entry has been received and you have it for your records of what shows you've entered.

This however does not back you up with the KC if for some reason you get to a show and find your not entered. The only the KC will accept is a proof of postage from the post office.
There are a few open shows that do send passes out. These tend to be shows that are part of an agricultural show. Information regarding this is always printed in the front of the schedule.
You will not get passes either for any breed open or champ shows (just talking about BC's. This may differ at other breed shows.
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Most open shows I have been to give you the envelope at the secretarys table and these are in the SW. Some give them to you in the ring though so it is always a good idea to ask when you get there.

After a while you know which societies do what so it's not so bad.

Good luck with your pup.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Know of one show around here where you are given the number with the catalogue that is Horncastle but Goole do not you will get your number in the ring. If you do not have a catalogue then tell the steward your exhibits name and they will find it for you.

Is Goole at Newark? If so I may see you there.

Back to knowing if your entry has been received, I send all those who supply an e-mail a reply saying I have received it although I have to say some are difficult to read and get returned because of errors. Some people send a card or envelope and I will return those if that is the case. Best way is to get a proof of posting then there will be know problem if your entry was not received.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >