Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 09:39 PM

Query about fairness

A 10yr old dog lived in home all her life suddenly put in outhouse to eat sleep and if not let out often to poo! Also a 9 month old puppy put there too, outhouse only big enough for cage for pup and plastic bed and 3 dishes. Reasons being, in laws do not like dogs and will not finish renovating family home unless dogs outside. 10 yr old dog not even allowed bedding for her achey old bones cos the pup may wee or poo on them and wifey cannot be bothered to wash them in machine. Dogs not getting out much at all some days, esp during the week, weekends better as the dog lover! home for the weekend from work. Am i justified in complaining in a loud voice about this!!!! (at present they are away on a weeks hol so as I have a key to their home I go around and just sit and drink coffee so the dogs can play and exercise, oh and i feed them treats too, woops,)
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 09:44 PM
sounds awful fele really sad reading that
give them a week they won;t forget
but then sad when you have to go
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Complain.....I'd be screaming at them by now. In one of my much earlier posts I complained about my mother in law taking on a dog that had been cruely treated, only to chain it up in the garden. I've had several rows with her over it (believe she thinks I'm a nosey cow) anyway, solution solved dog now let in the house. Now just trying to explain to her that he needs walking I have no time for people like this, I had told my mother in law that she won't see me again if the dog isn't walked. Hubby says he goes out every other day now, well I suppose thats better than none at all.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:23 AM
After another sleepless night worrying and also getting angry, I have done a huge poster to put up on their wall for their return with a really sad story written by the older dog saying how happy she used to be and good walks food etc and why is she now in dog prison, what did she do wrong, think its quite good for me, then when they are here I will be in their faces, want the dogs taken off them, I cant have them but would find happy forever homes for them, its so sad my chest pains worse, its just the stress of seeing them, so off I go again today to see them trouble my three have to stay alone then, still they have lots of love each day and i will make it up to them on my return, thanks for being there
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I would also point out the animal welfare act requires that the dogs have adequate bedding and care and attention or they are committing an offence. How dare they not provide a bed for the old girl.
Becky
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 01:55 PM
those poor dogs. id defiantly do some thing. they cant be left like that, poor dogs,
its just as well that theres some one kind and understanding to look out for them.well done to you.
hope it all works out for them.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 04:21 PM
poor things couldnt you hide them under your jumper and sneek them out????
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 04:57 PM
How sad is that message?

I'd be shouting very loudly about it and also letting the local dog warden know about it. Since when did a house renovation have to be done at the cost of a dogs happiness and welfare. If it's because the poor thing is tiddling because of age I think I'd be inclined to modify a nappy to fit it before throwing it out the house altogether.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 05:06 PM
We are doing to extensions as well as moving walls around in side our house, putting our 2 outside while we did it is just unthinkable. that poor old dog wondering whats going on and that puppy not having a good start.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Sorry but I don`t really understand - are you saying these are your family`s dogs and they`re being ill-treated? Or are they yours? Sorry if I`ve missed another thread but are you asking where to go for help maybe? RSPCA, dogwarden etc?
If not, why don`t you just take a dog-bed round or offer to foster till their building work is done?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >