Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2008, 06:36 PM

Email To Burns Re Moist Food

I've just sent the following email to Burns , after reading Brundog's thread "Burns Moist Food A Hit." As soon as I get a reply , I will post it on this thread.
I have noticed with interest that you have recently brought out moist tinned food , Lamb and Brown Rice variety. I think this is an excellent idea but as my dog cannot tolerate lamb , I wondered if you are considering bringing this food out in other varieties. My dog , a 3.5 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier bitch , was introduced to Burns last year. I gratefully received a number of free samples of each variety from you , and advice from your nutritionists. I followed the instructions given to me , and my dog , Missy , loves and is doing very well on your product. She can safely eat every variety, except for the lamb , without breaking out in a red angry rash and itching for weeks.She enjoys Burns dog food to the extent that she eats it far too quickly and chokes herself. To prevent this , I reduced the quantity of Burns a little , and started adding just 5 grammes of minced meat , to which I add a little gluten free gravy powder , a tiny amount of garlic and herbs , with enough water to make a gravy. She is on limited exercise at the moment due to me having a slipped disc , so she is currently fed on just 100 grammes of Burns , with 5 grammes of my mince with gravy. This has stopped her from choking and she is in excellent condition on this diet.Her coat is in fantastic condition , even her whiskers and claws shine. If you were to bring out your moist tinned food in other varieties , I would use that instead of cooking mince every day for her. Maybe one third meat , to two thirds Burns kibble. I would be extremely grateful if you could let me know if you plan to bring out this meat in other varieties. I am also a member of a dog chat forum , known as " Dogsey" , and a lot of my friends on this forum feed Burns. They would also be interested in different varieties of your tinned meat , and we are all eagerly waiting for your reply.
Yours Sincerely
and with thanks,
Miss Suzanne Rintoul.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I haven't tried the burns moist yet. But i hope they do bring out other flavours, Harvey loves lamb flavoured anything but for your Missy i hope thier would be others that she can enjoy because as you said she is doing well on burns. Let us know when you get a reply! fingers crossed
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I haven't seen this food anywhere yet, my local pet shop only has the dry kibble so far.
One of my dogs only eats Butchers Tripe and he can't tolerate the beef or lamb in that either,so I would quite like to try him on the Burns..
Hopefully they won't be too long in replying.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
I haven't seen this food anywhere yet, my local pet shop only has the dry kibble so far.
If your pet shop stocks Burns I think you could ask them to order the tins in for you. That's what Burns told me when I first enquired about it as my local store didn't have the tins. I get mine delivered now.

Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
Hopefully they won't be too long in replying.
I'm sure that they won't be. When I e-mailed them about getting the tins they e-mailed straight back. I think they are closed over the weekends but I bet you get a reply first thing Monday morning, I was really impressed with how quickly they got back to me!
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Hopefully I will get a reply on Monday. It did say on their website that they try to reply within 2 working days.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Got this reply today from Burns.

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Sorry to hear that Missy cannot tolerate lamb in a moist diet. As you are
aware, Burns Lamb Rice and Vegetables is a relatively new product and
therefore we are still in the process of seeing how well this does and
whether enough dogs are enjoying it! Hopefully, if this one does well, there
will be other varieties available in the future.

I hope this helps.

Helen
Pp Burns Pet Nutrition Ltd
We may have to wait a while , but depending on how popular the Lamb variety is ( get out there and buy some for your doglets ) , they will be bringing out other varieties
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
oh that would be good so pleased you got a reply they are so good. well done hun and just for you i will buy it as a treat for my doglets. xxx keep up the good work
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 07:28 PM
aww that was a nice reply, need to buy some now hopefully things will go well and we'll get a variety.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Suzanne,

Good letter from you and good reply from them. I will look forward to the new varities and will give Molly and Roxy a bit of a tin as a wee treat now and again.