19-01-2008, 02:22 PM

Oven cleaners

what do you use to clean your oven?

what can you reccommend?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I've always used that Mr. Muscle foam on a cold oven, and it's always been pretty good. I'm now going to try my new steam cleaner on it next time though! Such a messy old job isn't it! I like to do mine every time I've used it now, a quick wipe over when it's hot, saves hours of slaving away when it's gone cold.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Dr Beckmann Rescue

Active Gel Oven Cleaner.

Can't remember where I got it though but sure it was Tesco or Asda. I got it when I moved into my flat as didnt have enough £ to buy a new oven and the 1 that was left was absolutely disgusting!!

This stuff was magic. It can be used on a hot or cold oven and I still use it. No smell and it really works
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 02:40 PM
If you want to do the trays etc then soak them in the bath in a solution of washing soda crystals.
Becky
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Boy oh boy you've asked the right one here, I clean it myself because the stuff I use is so strong, Caustic Soda crystals, I get it from a local hardware store, it'll burn off anything, encrusted grease, the lot, even frying pans that've been burned on the outer edges, it looks like sugar granules, just wet the surface of the oven with water then sprinkle on the crystals, let them dissolve then agitate the solution with a nylon dish brush, you'll finish up with a creamy consistency, let it soak for 30 mins then wipe away the grime, remember to use rubber gloves and try not to let any of it on your bare skin, it burns like hell

If you use it to clean the ouside of your pans and they're the non-stick type, don't get any caustic on the inside of the pans, it'll burn that off too.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Last year I bought a bottle of CIF oven cleaner...... but I've not used it yet lol
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2008, 03:55 PM
are you supposed to clean youre oven????
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 04:27 PM
We use Lakelands own brand and it's fab
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 04:30 PM
A man who cleans ovens for £25.......

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Boy oh boy you've asked the right one here, I clean it myself because the stuff I use is so strong, Caustic Soda crystals, I get it from a local hardware store, it'll burn off anything, encrusted grease, the lot, even frying pans that've been burned on the outer edges, it looks like sugar granules, just wet the surface of the oven with water then sprinkle on the crystals, let them dissolve then agitate the solution with a nylon dish brush, you'll finish up with a creamy consistency, let it soak for 30 mins then wipe away the grime, remember to use rubber gloves and try not to let any of it on your bare skin, it burns like hell

If you use it to clean the ouside of your pans and they're the non-stick type, don't get any caustic on the inside of the pans, it'll burn that off too.
How soon can you get here, Denis?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >