Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ryan&V
New Member!
Male 

03-01-2008, 06:04 AM

can someone PLEASE HELP?

My roomate and I have 4 female dogs and last night the smallest one which a Finish spitz she looks exactly like a Shiba Inu was killed In a bloody bloody fight by which I think was finialized by my roomates dog which is a Aulstralian Sheppard and started by his Pit Bull. I came home and the small pit bull which is one year old had blood dripping from her forehead and big gash wounds all over her face. She had a huge cut on her forehead expossing her scull. I then looked for my dog which is usually at the door when I come home and then found her in a huge pile of blood with half of her body stiff and my roomates bed room. She had small wounds around her whole neck and her belly had a hole in it that when I picked her up it was just rushing blood out. I then burried her last night. "rest in Peace Foxy Lady" I then Came back to wash all the dogs cause they were all cut up. My other dog which is Valentine she is a pit sheppard and was raised from 4 weeks old with foxy who was killed. She is 4 years old they have never fought just the typical rumbles but Foxy was always the Dominant one. Valentine had gashes around her throat 2 of them which looked like they were big teeth marks from a bigger dog. I then washed the Aulstralian Sheppard she was covered in blood thick from her chest all the way down her belly up both the inside of her legs and all over her coller. After washing them all I then tested to see which was scared. I called them up into the room where it happened and Valentine Foxy's Mom was the only one to come up. I asked here "Where's Foxy" she wimpered a little and sniffed all around but wasnt's scared a bit. But both the other dogs didn't want any part of going up into the room we tried to push them in there and both jetted and since have been staying downstairs like they did something really bad.Since then The pit is staying by her self in the other room and the Aulstralian sheppard is just shaking continusely since last night also staying by her self. I believe they both did it. I think the pit and foxy were initialy fighting maybe then rolled over on the Aulstralian Sheppard and since they were in my roomates room it became a domminance thing. But Foxy was dragged threw the room over thirty feet and you can see the blood marks she. ...............So
If your still with me I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am freeking out I dont want my other dog to die so I am now bringing her with me to work. But what should I do about these other dogs my roomate suggested to uthenize but I am against it but then I dont really know when it comes to this so thats why I and my roomate are reaching out. I am a huge dog lover and treat my dogs with nothing but love. Both my dogs were raised going to dog parks and hanging out at schools with children. So I know they are non violent. I want to move and just get away but am still worried for my friend and his dogs. His aulstralian Sheppard is 9 and the pit is 1.
If there is anyone with some good advice pleace let me know.
If someone can help me solve this by which I mean which dogs probably did it and why they have all none eachother for over 4 years and have been living together for a year and only a couple scraps.
Scincerely,
Ryan and Valentine
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi Ryan,

I too have Shibas, and they are well known for their dominance. That said, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess at which of your dogs "started" the fracas that led to your Shiba's death. My only recommendation is that they are NOT left alone together ever again. If there's one lesson to be learned from this ghastly experience, then this is it.

There are many other members on here who are much more experienced in dog behaviour than I, and I'm sure you will get a big response.

Run free little Shiba x
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss and what awful circumstances it happened in, have been there myself.
I can only echo what Vicki has said, under no circumstances leave any of these dogs alone together.
Bitch fights are usually worse than dog fights and it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to get them back together again.
The problem you have is that you have a pitbull and a pitbull cross, if I have read correctly, so rehoming them may be very difficult given the publics view of pitbulls at the moment.
You have some very tough decisions to make but for the safety of all the dogs keep them separate.
Becky
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Hi Ryan,

I too have Shibas, and they are well known for their dominance. That said, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess at which of your dogs "started" the fracas that led to your Shiba's death. My only recommendation is that they are NOT left alone together ever again. If there's one lesson to be learned from this ghastly experience, then this is it.

There are many other members on here who are much more experienced in dog behaviour than I, and I'm sure you will get a big response.

Run free little Shiba x
Vicki, the dog that died was a Finnish Spitz, not a Shiba, and Finnish Spitz are bird dogs or gun dogs and are not at all known for being dominant.

Ryan & Valentine, I'm so sorry for your loss under such horrible circumstances, sorry I don't know enough to offer more than sympathy but please follow the advice of the other posters for your remaining dogs safety and your own piece of mind.

J
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
What an awful thing to go through, i am sorry for your loss,

Agree with others, never ever leave them alone togeather. When girls fight it tends to lead to a lifelong hatred for each other. Males tend to fight and then get on with it so please be aware that in a month or a year it could happen again.

You've got a 1 year old, and at that age dogs try to assert themselfs and try and move up the pack. I have had this with my. Maybe thats what started it. I don't know just guessing really.

I would be inclined to split the rest up, but thats just me and work on them one by one.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I really sorry about the lost of your dog, especially under such terrible circumstances.

I have personally never owned any of the breeds you have mentions, but I have to fully concur with Vicki that you are never to leave these dogs unsupervised together again.

Now I appreciate that there may be times that both you and your housemate might both have to be out of the house at the same time, so what you are going to have to do in the future is lock them all in separate room so that they just can't meet while you are both out.

Also as Mahooli has said when bitches fight it is alot worse as they tend to fight to the death, whereas with males it's normally over dominance and as soon as one backs down, it's over.

Well I wish you luck and let us know what you decide to do.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I have never heard females will fight to th death before...please elaboraite some one, I am genuinely interested.
Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are copeing ok .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Vicki, the dog that died was a Finnish Spitz, not a Shiba, and Finnish Spitz are bird dogs or gun dogs and are not at all known for being dominant.

Ryan & Valentine, I'm so sorry for your loss under such horrible circumstances, sorry I don't know enough to offer more than sympathy but please follow the advice of the other posters for your remaining dogs safety and your own piece of mind.

J
The original post, at the crack of dawn this morning, said it was a Shiba, hence my response.

There was no mention of a Finnish Spitz.

The post has been edited by the OP.

See: Last edited by ryan&V : Today at 07:11 AM. at the end of his post.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
The original post, at the crack of dawn this morning, said it was a Shiba, hence my response.

There was no mention of a Finnish Spitz.

The post has been edited by the OP.
Vicki, I really hope you didn't think I was being snippy! Sorry if you did I just wanted to clarify the breed characteristics as although they look a little similar as we know Shibas and Finnish Spitz have very different purposes and temperaments.

Apologies again if I caused any offence!

J
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Vicki, I really hope you didn't think I was being snippy! Sorry if you did I just wanted to clarify the breed characteristics as although they look a little similar as we know Shibas and Finnish Spitz have very different purposes and temperaments.

Apologies again if I caused any offence!

J
You didn't offend me, I just wanted everyone to know that I wasn't seeing things........
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >