Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
diane halloran
New Member!
Female 

11-11-2007, 03:39 PM

New member- Dog with slipped disc

Just like to say hi. My dog is called Billy and he is disabled due to a slipped disc. Has anyone else had this problem with their dog. If so any advice. Thanks
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi and welcome sorry that your dog is having problems.

I have a dachshund who had disc problems and manipulation and lots of trips to the hydro pool eventually sorted his problem out. He was off his legs completely at one point and the hydotherapy Together with some Ruta Grav and Rhus tox, homeopathic remedies worked for him.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I would consult with my vet to see what they recommend. The hydrotherapy would be a brilliant way to help with rehabilitation but can't really suggest anything else as never had that problem myself.
Becky
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Sorry , I should also have said had my dachie at the vet who had him on Steriods and once these wore off he was as bad as ever and also I did not want him on steroids indefinately -so I looked for another solution and I visited a dog physio who discovered he had put his spine out and he manipulated the spine back in and advised hydrotherapy and and massage and as I say it worked for him on his disc problem.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi,
sorry to hear about Billy. I have no help/advice, except to agree with Lovezois that hydrotherapy may help. I think most do prefer you to be referred by the vet.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
[IMG][/IMG]
diane halloran
New Member!
Female 

13-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Billy cannot stand at all and he has no circulation in his left leg. Vet has adviced amputation. Anyone out there will similar. Otherwise he is a playful happy dog.
diane halloran
New Member!
Female 

13-11-2007, 09:16 PM
and thank for all my welcome messages.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I would consult with my vet to see what they recommend. The hydrotherapy would be a brilliant way to help with rehabilitation but can't really suggest anything else as never had that problem myself.
Becky
Agree with Becky, although there was a Bull Mastiff that went to Hydrotherapy when Reah was going, who has had New hip replacements. Don't know anything about this or how much it cost...would presume it was expensive and poss depending on how far the hips have gone?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Sorry wasn,t suggesting New hips, just saying that I came across it.......Just realised didn,t make sense, I'm doing a Phil now he sent one to me of Yoda talk. Letting my mind run away now..........Soz
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >