Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Gbas

Hi there

Stella and I went to GBAS yesterday and we were placed third in Junior. This is her second time out and she has been placed both times. I also got some really really positive comments about her so I left feeling dead chuffed. She was such a sweetie!!!

I wanted to ask a question. Our class was a mixed class so we were up against dogs as well. The entries were poor I thought and it was mostly Braccos that were shown overall with a couple of SWDs. Do they put mixed classes on when the entries are low? Its quite hard to compete against a dog because they tend to muscle up more quickly than the bitches. Am I right?

Is it worthwhile entering for mixed classes at Champ Shows? I am really new to showing ie this is my second show and I'm just really looking for some advice.

I got some great constructive criticism yesterday about the way I stack Stella and I have a habit of stroking her back. I'm going to get somebody to video me at the next show I do so that I can see for myself how I can improve. Has anybody else done this in the past when they first started showing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Annie
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Oooh! I flew up to Edinburgh yesterday for GBAS,and was watching your classes - pity i didnt know you werethere, or I would have said hello
well done on yoour placement.
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Oh, that's a shame. Its always nice to get to know more show peeps!!! You'd know me by the perplexed look on my face. Not knowing what I was doing at all. LOL

I am really pleased with the fact that we have been placed both times we were out. This class was very small though and I was a bit disappointed at the number of entries.

with the Bracco coming off the import register next year we'll hopefully have some bigger entries.

Annie
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Well done to Stella and to you.

Practice makes perfect and the more you show her the more confident you will become , so just keep on enjoying it and good luck to you for your future shows.
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Thank you!! You are absolutely right. The first show we did it was awful. I really dont know how we got placed at all as I was sooo nervous which obviously made Stella nervous too!!! LOL This time I felt a lot more confident but I still have loads to learn about how to show her off to her best advantage. She is a very pretty girl and really enjoys being shown. She was funny yesterday. When we first arrived she was giving it the old "I dont want to be here" routine. Then a couple of people gave her treats and after that she was having a ball.

I am really enjoying showing her. If showing becomes more important than my dog, I will stop though. Its all about a day out for us both.

THanks again
Annie
Moregin
New Member!
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Hope you all had a good day at GBAS, if you spotted a manic halfwit in Ring One (limping badly by BIS) that was me - spent all day Stewarding then got to pack up all the trophies and take them back home again.

Our GSP won his class - but the little field spaniel missed his - hubbie and I were a bit busy. Oh Hubbie was the bloke in the kilt greeting folk as they came in the door.

Regards

Katrina
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moregin View Post
Hope you all had a good day at GBAS, if you spotted a manic halfwit in Ring One (limping badly by BIS) that was me - spent all day Stewarding then got to pack up all the trophies and take them back home again.

Our GSP won his class - but the little field spaniel missed his - hubbie and I were a bit busy. Oh Hubbie was the bloke in the kilt greeting folk as they came in the door.

Regards

Katrina
met your hubby, I was running late so had two manic welshies a soft crate and a bag he asked if I had an entry pass I almost burst into tears as Ian had gone in with them and the other dog and we were miles form the car.
He was lovely and let me through. Say thanks please I was so stressed as our class had been called I just ran for it
Moregin
New Member!
Female 

15-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I'll pass on your thanks - have been in that situation so many times before.

how did you do?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 03:32 PM
3rd in puppy, 2nd in pg and then got 4th 5th in pb and mpb so didnt qualify her for Crufts but too be honest doubt she'll be ready she needs a bit more substance.
Moregin
New Member!
Female 

15-11-2007, 03:44 PM
That's a shame, but there's always next year.

We're taking both the Field and the GSP down, booked the caravan site as we left it after last year's jaunt !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >