Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Scout's Story

Scout was found wandering the streets of a little town near where I live. She was picked up by the pound and was not claimed. The wonderful man that runs the pound for that area kept her on in care for alot longer than usual because he knew what a jewel she was. Unfortunately, He had to go on holidays and the person that was going to be looking after the place told him that he had eight dogs too many and to "get rid of them". He then called around to the area rescues to see if he could place them with the rescues instead of euthanizing them. Placements were found for all but 1. Scout was still without a home. However a foster parent with a rescue that only rescued off of first nations reserves decided to open her home and give her a chance. So Scout was saved only 2 hours before the pound operator would've put her down. Scout was with our rescue for over 2 months, with very little interest. and no suitable takers. You see, the trouble with scout is that she's deaf. born that way by the looks of it. and although she is one of the friendliest most loving and intellagent dogs I've ever met, no one would take a chance on her. I decided that I would give her a shot. I wasn't looking for another dog but I fell in love. Now Scout is my best buddy. She goes everywhere with me and watches me for every cue. after 4 months, her dominant behaviors, and large dog fear have disappeared and she is a happy confident little dog. I couldn't imagine my life without her!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2007, 01:17 PM
What a lovely outcome - well done to you for giving Scout a chance
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Thats fantastic, I hope you and Scout will have a long happy life together!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a lovely outcome - well done to you for giving Scout a chance
I agree. How wonderful, glad scout has worked out
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Well done you! What a lovely story {though very sad} and an even lovlier ending!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't know how I missed this, well done for taking her on!
Becky
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I definitely got the better end of the deal. thats for sure. If I put in an order for a dog, checked off the personality traits that I wanted and such, I wouldn't've got a better match. And, like me, she even has freckles all over (although, I have way more) lol