Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-10-2007, 11:29 AM

PS3 Bargain: Just £279!

For those who were waiting for the PS3 to drop in price for Christmas, Sony are now releasing a 40GB version for just £299.. and already the e-tailers are discounted it to £279 :smt023

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=...codart=PS3CO04

It's ideal for anyone who doesn't need backwards compatibility with PS2 games (but for those that do they can get the 60Gb version for £349, which does have BW compatibility).

Just thought I'd let you know as many of you were waiting for a price drop before getting it for your other halfs
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for that, will not a few mates know who were waiting. Not a shock though due to poor sales
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't think the sales have been poor, when you think about how much it cost before and how similarly priced products in the leisure market sell

They're selling the same, if not more in this stage of it's lifecycle as they did the PS2 - which is the undisputed number one selling console on the planet... even now it continues to sell more than most this gen consoles, including the 360

They knew that intitially with all the technology packed into it that it would cost a bomb to make, and they knew that die hard fans would be willing to pay more (early adopters). And they know that Christmas is a great time to sell to the mass market, esp at a mass market price - which is great for everyone else as they get it at the price they want.

There are some amazing games coming out before xmas too, it has a very strong line up for the holiday season.. and at the end of the day it's the games that will sell the consoles! I just wish I had more money to buy them all

These are my must-have games... plenty more coming out tho

PS3 Exclusive! Ratchet and clank. October 30th
PS3 Exclusive! Haze. November 19th
PS3 Exclusive! Unreal 3. November 19th
PS3 Exclusive! Uncharted: Drake's. November 20th
PS3 Exclusive! GT5 prologue. December
PS3 Exclusive! Heavenly Sword. Just come out!
COD4. November 5th
Assassins Creed. November 13th
Orange Box. November 13th
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Excellent, thanks Azz
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I've avoided buying anything like this so I don't spend all my time playing games, it's bad enough with Dogsey lol!
Becky
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I've avoided buying anything like this so I don't spend all my time playing games, it's bad enough with Dogsey lol!
Becky
Ditto....... and then there's ebay and Amazon too
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-10-2007, 11:59 AM
That's what Anne said, then her OH got one and she has spent many a friday evening whipping my butt on MotorStorm via online play :smt043
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Will have to agree to disagree about the sales. I admit COD 4 does look brilliant, massive fan of the others COD games, spent many a night playing COD 2 online till 3 in the morning, though COD 3 was a let down. I tend to if possible get 1st person shooters on the PC as I just feel there is more online opportunities and like the controls better.

I am turning quite grumpy with games lately as they all tend to be re-hased average games with better graphics, Halo 3 is a prime example of this. A good game but nothing new. I think a lot of people are of the same opinion and thats why the wii and DS are doing so well.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
That's what Anne said, then her OH got one and she has spent many a friday evening whipping my butt on MotorStorm via online play :smt043
Aww the good ole days

Must have a get together soon, I so love that game havn't played for ages
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 05:25 PM
sorry to sound like a numpty, but does that mean yuo can't play ps2 games on this new issue of the ps3? also can anyone tell me what else can you do on the ps3 other than the games of course...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >