View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 05:36 PM

OH & Cassie had a strange walk this morning...

OH took Cassie to the beach this morning and did the usual route. Up the bridleway that runs parallel to the beach with a stop for a paddle in the pond, across the dunes, down onto the beach for a while, back across the dunes, back up the bridleway and a second paddle in the pond.
This was about 7:30 this morning and all was normal until the second stop at the pond on the way home. Cassie was paddling in the pond and OH was stood waiting for her to come out.
An older woman and a shih tzu were walking about 10 yards away on the bridleway and this woman shouted 'Do you have a dog?' OH thought she had shouted 'Good Morning' and shouted 'Good Morning' to her. She then shouted 'No, I said do you have a dog?' OH shouted 'Yes' and she shouted back 'Well where is it then?' OH said 'she's in the pond' but by this time the woman had picked her dog up and was cradling it in her arms like a baby. She shouted ' I just don't want your dog attacking mine' OH shouted back 'What makes you just assume my dog would just attack yours?' and she said 'Well it's because she's been attacked before and she's a show dog worth thousands of pounds and I can't afford to take the risk' OH said 'what makes you think all dogs are the same?' By this time the woman was getting quite nasty and abusive so OH just turned his back shook his head and chuckled to himself. She then proceeded to say 'All men are the same obviously!' OH had enough by now and called her a Cantankerous Old Trout before walking off!!!!
What is flaming with some people?????
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 05:44 PM
oooooo what are the odds!!! we had the same conversation with a woman along the stray on sunday!!! except it was "you idiots are all the same", even though at that point felix and indy were on leads having a drink!!! I answered with "yeah and these two are worth even more and if you put your rat on the floor i'll scream" she didnt look amused

she was rather troutish now you come to mention it!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
oooooo what are the odds!!! we had the same conversation with a woman along the stray on sunday!!! except it was "you idiots are all the same", even though at that point felix and indy were on leads having a drink!!! I answered with "yeah and these two are worth even more and if you put your rat on the floor i'll scream" she didnt look amused

she was rather troutish now you come to mention it!
Flipping heck! Who'd have thought? OH had never seen her before either. LOL, like your answer too! What time were you on the stray Sunday? We were on the beach Sunday morning but down our end! We were early though, about 9:00!
Well at least 2 Dogsey members have verbally kicked her a**e! LOL
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
What a loony. Good job you two girls weren't there this morning - she might have bitten off a tad more than she could chew
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
what a silly old bat! Why do some people view their show dogs as monetary value. I show my dogs but they mean far more to me than money!
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I was just going to say the same as Becky, I'd have retorted back my dog's not worth diddly squat, but he means more to me than any amount of money, so I wouldn't want him attacked either!!!! Grrrrrr, what a strange woman. Takes all sorts I suppose Jackie
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
What a loony. Good job you two girls weren't there this morning - she might have bitten off a tad more than she could chew
LOL, how true that is Vicki. She'd never have survived both of the Dogsey girls together LOL

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
what a silly old bat! Why do some people view their show dogs as monetary value. I show my dogs but they mean far more to me than money!
Becky
Exactly what I told OH this morning about show dogs

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I was just going to say the same as Becky, I'd have retorted back my dog's not worth diddly squat, but he means more to me than any amount of money, so I wouldn't want him attacked either!!!! Grrrrrr, what a strange woman. Takes all sorts I suppose Jackie
OH got the last word as always though Helen. Some people are just plain strange! Looks like she spouts this kind of rubbish all the time though.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Good reply by your oh as there is no answer to it. Another one he could try is my old favourite 'away and bile yer heid.' No answer to that either plus it has the added advantage that unless she is Scottish she won't understand it!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
Good reply by your oh as there is no answer to it. Another one he could try is my old favourite 'away and bile yer heid.' No answer to that either plus it has the added advantage that unless she is Scottish she won't understand it!
LOL, good one. Good job my parents are Scottish, I understand it