Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IHeartDoggyz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2007, 11:38 PM

Can u recomend good insurance company?

Can anyone recomend a very good insurance company to go with for both my dogs, female 1 half yr old yorkie and a female 10-11 week old blue staffie, i would want prob full insurance that covers everything and would have to cover dogs price as some only go to certain amount.
id rather go with a good insurance company from word of mouth..thanks x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-09-2007, 08:25 AM
If you click on Pet Insurance there have been lots of threads on this which you could read through and make up your mind from there.

Sorry don't know how to do a link.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 09:19 AM
just to say ours are all done on petplan complete cover, comes to a hundred quid a month for us, but two dogs is forty i believe. it covers them for life so if they are on meds they're paid for for you forever.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I am with Tesco 2 dogs 38 quid a month full cover and with accident prone Inka they have been great, the vet sending the claim form late was my bug bare.
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by IHeartDoggyz View Post
Can anyone recomend a very good insurance company to go with for both my dogs, female 1 half yr old yorkie and a female 10-11 week old blue staffie, i would want prob full insurance that covers everything and would have to cover dogs price as some only go to certain amount.
id rather go with a good insurance company from word of mouth..thanks x

try VIP. They will come up with companies based on your requirements then you can come back on here and ask about those companies in particular with regard to people's experiences. You could have some recommended on here and think they sound ok only to find that they won't actually cover your breed or something else that you think is particularly important

http://www.vip4u.co.uk/
IHeartDoggyz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2007, 10:19 PM
has anyone on here been with or are with either ..more than... or pet plan..?? as i think these two may be main ones due to word of mouth.
i will check out the link you gave me thanks x
thanks everyone x
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I've got my lot wth Tesco's.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 01:12 PM
im with more than at the mo but haven't claimed for anything yet but seem good £9.99 for my one dog, a month.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

23-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I was with M & S but when the renewal came in it had doubled and I had never made a claim.

Iam now with More Than just over £22 in total for the two boys. I have not claimed but it seemed quite a good price for what you got this is the top policy for £7,000.
salthepal
New Member!
Female 

30-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
try VIP. They will come up with companies based on your requirements then you can come back on here and ask about those companies in particular with regard to people's experiences. You could have some recommended on here and think they sound ok only to find that they won't actually cover your breed or something else that you think is particularly important

http://www.vip4u.co.uk/

I used this service and found it very helpful as I was getting more and more confused. Having made a claim for acute diarrhoea when Candy the Cairn terrier was a puppy, I have decided to stick with M&S, even though there is now an excess per claim, because of the exclusion of previous "illnesses" clause should I change policy provider. VIP seemed to think it was very good value which is just as well because in effect I am now tied to M&S.