Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2007, 09:42 AM

Adding Stationary in Outlook Express

Would you like to send pictures that are alway in E Mails that you send to your friends and that you don't have to remeber to add them like the one below.

Toby will always been set unless i chose not to send it with the E Mail

Step 1
Open Outlook Express at the top on your tool bar your looking for the tools tab the choose the options tab

Once you click on that the options box will open like below

You now need to choose the compose tab then create new box.

This will start the Stationary Wizard and you’ll be looking at this box below

Click next the next box you get to choose your background picture you want to insert like in the finished product picture.
Here you can also change the background colour from the default white to what is listed just by putting a tick in the colour box and choosing your colour. Also you can choose the position of your picture in the body of the E Mail it will show you a preview as you change the different options.

When you’re happy with the position and the colour click next this will take you to where you chose the style, size & colour of your font to be used.

When you done that click next and this is where you set your margins. This is where this lets it’s self down as you can only set margins for the top and the left so any text that you write will go over the picture so you’ll have to watch that.

The next bit when you click next is to save the file that you just made.

That’s it you’re finished now you got to make it active so you can use it for that you need to go back to here

and choose select you’ll be looking at this page choose the file that you saved and then click ok.

That’s it you’re done every time you now create an E Mail the picture you have chosen will appear at the bottom or where ever you decided it should be.

Now I’ll explain how to turn it off when you don’t want to send the stationary that you just made.

Open a new E Mail and at the top in the tool bar you need to click on the Format tab then chose apply stationary then two boxes will come out of the side called more stationary & no stationary when you click on no stationary the picture will disappear and will not be sent with that E Mail but will with every other new mail that you send with the stationary still applied.

Also your picture will no be sent if you forward any E Mails from any one else.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 04:22 PM
How weird is this? only today I had to show my boss how to put the address and logo of our company on his emails, I did it just as you have shown.

When I saw your thread I thought it was a question and I was thrilled to think I was going to be able to help.

I bet your emails look lovely with that gorgeous beast on them
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I bet your emails look lovely with that gorgeous beast on them
I don't send him everytime but it don't increase the size that much having him on the bottom.

I just thought i would make people aware that this feature is there and how to do use.