Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2007, 08:25 PM

rash

I can't believe it, I was grooming Ben this morning and he was fine, hubby came in at tea time and asked how long has Ben had this rash?
When I looked, his belly was red and scabby looking, I mentioned dry skin to the vet a couple of weeks ago when he had flea treatment (which didn't work) and he looked a bit red then, but the vet said it was nothing, his skin seemed fine. Well now, he looks as if he has chickenpox!, it was too late for the vet, I have an appointment tomorrow to get a puppy check for Charlie, just hope they will fit Ben in too. The only thing I can think of that is different is I changed his food, but it was a couple of months ago, and the food is natural, no preservatives etc.
Any ideas what could make a rash come on so quickly.
I just hope it's nothing serious.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Dewi used to get a rash like that if he played in the long grass or the nettles. Could he have been in the long grass?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 10:30 PM
There was a thread on here a week or so ago, sorry I can't remember who put it on, but their little lad had a similar thing. I think most of us suggested it could be from running in long grass and he would possibly benefit from some antihistamines.

I hope he's ok bless him
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 10:36 PM
My Gsd gets a rash under his belly if he has been in the long grass. I have him on antihistamines now and although he still gets the rash it doesnt bother him.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 11:42 PM
yep antihistamines probaly a allergy,but if your going vets anyway in the morning,it wouldnt hurt to take ben along too,hoping bens ok x
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Well, had Ben to the vets this morning, thank goodness it's nothing serious, the vet said it could be a few things, something in the grass, the cleaner I used on the carpet or an allergy of some sort, you were all spot on:smt038
She gave me some Rilexene tablets for the next fortnight and then I have to take him back.
I'm quite relieved, especially as he has no insurance!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
thats brill news nothing serious xxxx zb x
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
hello
are dylan had a red rash on his belly by his privates ,just like red rash that looked very sore ,any way we new what it was as he had it befor ,it was from the nettles or stingers as we called them when we were kids ,where he cocks his leg for wee . anyway i did bath him in case he got any dirt in them , and it cleared up in i week ,we just make sure where he cocks his leg know ,bless him .