Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jang
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2007, 04:23 PM

Update on Tilly

I took Tilly back to the vets on Friday after having a Ivomec injection and antibiotcs. She seems to be bald in various places on her body now.The vet has given her another Ivomec injection and told me to bath her in Aludex on Monday.I am a bit worried ,when she had the first lot of Ivomec she told me I should not use the Aludex. Does anyone know if it is safe to use Aludex as well.Things started to improve but i feel we are back to square one and the Demodex is never going to clear.Tilly is a year old now, we got her from a rescue centre in August and she has been having treatment since then.She was also Speyed 4th April.She is fine in herself and gets on great with Pepper our other Staffie.
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Can't really give you any advice, but I'm sure someone on here will contact you soon and help.

Just wanted to say "Poor Tilly, hope things improve soon"
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

27-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Aw I am sorry to hear about Tilly. Perhaps, if you haven't already done so, read the following site - it may answer your question about Aludex. http://www.downlandvets.co.uk/Pages/...ges/Mange.html

I do hope Tilly will be in fine fettle soon again and her coat restored.

Hugs to both of you from me and Loki xx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry but I can't really answer your question with regard to using the aludex. However, Ivomec has been shown to be safe and highly effective against the demodex mite. Since demodicosis is not so much the result of a mite problem as it is an immune-system defect, dogs that have been successfully treated for demodicosis will always be at risk of a relapse. Have auto-immune problems been ruled out by the vet? As there should be no recurrence unless the she becomes reinfected with demodex mites. Have you a cat or could she have contact with a cat or another dog to get re-infected?

Poor Tilly it must seen as if it's never ending for you and her.
jang
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Tilly was back at the vets again on Friday.I bathed her on Monday with Aludex as the vet advised.Things have just got worse ,Tilly has come out in little lumps all underneath her body some of which are quite sore and weeping .The vet has now said she wont give her Ivomec as it doesn't seem to be doing anything and for me to go back to bathing with Aludex every week and take her back in 3 weeks.She has also given her 3 weeks supply of antibiotics. Its very frustrating ,does anyone know if there is any other treatment for Demodex, any advise would be much appreciated.Thank you to all who replied previously.