Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 01:19 PM

Wanted - Small plot of Land in Wales

Hi all,

I am looking for a small plot of land in wales preferably upto 2acres. Mainly looking at Lleyn Peninsula or around there...

Doesnt have to have planning permission or anyhting but would like vehicular access to land

If you think you can help or know anyone who could help

Let me know

Ta

Alex
xxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 01:21 PM
ooh can we be nosey and ask what plans you have?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 01:33 PM
well we want a small plot around there where we can erect a small one bed log cabin to use as a holiday home, we went there recently (and if i could find the lead for the camer i would show the pics!!) and completely fell in love.

So seen as its a temporary structure you dont need planning permission so would be ideal and anything more than 2 acres becomes too much to look after....

Alex
xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds lovely. good luck with your search.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 05:13 PM
thanks will need it!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I think you'll find that you will need some sort of planning permission on it for a holiday home. The alternative is tohave a storage shed on site and have a yurt or something you can put up everytime you go but you will be restricted to 28 days of not more the 14 consecutive days.
Becky
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think you'll find that you will need some sort of planning permission on it for a holiday home. The alternative is tohave a storage shed on site and have a yurt or something you can put up everytime you go but you will be restricted to 28 days of not more the 14 consecutive days.
Becky
we checked with gwynedd council and they said that so long as it is no more than 30sqaure meters and no more than 4 meters hig and is not inhabited for more than 10 and a half months it should be fine, also it must be a "removable structure" so if we vacate the land there should be no structural evidence of a building....
phew bit complicated!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I take it then that it can't be connected to the mains because that would make it permenant? What would you do for electricity, water and the loo!
Becky
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I take it then that it can't be connected to the mains because that would make it permenant? What would you do for electricity, water and the loo!
Becky

this i need to look into...there has been difering views on whether having one water and electric point makes it permanant. FIL was an architect for Fylde council and he said that workshops/agricultaral sheds etc could need this so may not class as permanent...but may differ with councils...
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Becky
anyway if all that went wrong we would take a camper up there and use as our base until we sorted something
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >