Should Prince Harry fight in Iraq

I think NOT

huge security risk in my opinion

what are your thoughts
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I think he should if he wants to and as he has said he does. A lot of people are saying not what if he gets killed, but there are 1000s of others fighting out there, so is his life worth more? Inca, you said its a huge security risk but it is a war so everything is a huge huge security risk, his uncle fought in the falklands and a number have been in the armed forces.

If the media stopped printing and showing stories of who he will be commanding, how many he will be commanding and where abouts he will be based the insurgents would be unlikely to target him directly therefore he would be at the same risk as anyone else fighting.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 09:35 AM
I think the problem is that he will become a target. This will put his fellow soldiers in more danger as well. Of course maybe my judgement is coloured by my attitude to the war in Iraq. I just don't think our boys should be there anyway - can't see that it is helping the situation in that country at all.
Prince Andrew served in the Falklands war, but that was a bit different - we were protecting British subject in the Falkland Islands, and it was a short sharp conflict.
It is understandable that Prince Harry wants to serve with his battalion, but does he really want to put them in mmore danger?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

27-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I agree with Stormey on this.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I think he should if he wants to and as he has said he does. A lot of people are saying not what if he gets killed, but there are 1000s of others fighting out there, so is his life worth more? Inca, you said its a huge security risk but it is a war so everything is a huge huge security risk, his uncle fought in the falklands and a number have been in the armed forces.

If the media stopped printing and showing stories of who he will be commanding, how many he will be commanding and where abouts he will be based the insurgents would be unlikely to target him directly therefore he would be at the same risk as anyone else fighting.

Totally agree!
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I think hes a selfish litte p*****, hes putting our hard working troops in danger

To be quite honest I dont think you should just be able to be made an officer from being able to afford the right college,
my grandad was an officer in the 2world war and he worked his way up, and gained the respect he then deserved

Prince harry is nothing more than a spolit brat
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I think he should fight if he wants too as well. What was the point of all his training if they aren't going to let him do the job he's trained for? As has been said Andrew fought in the Falklands and I think Charles has as well.
Becky
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
Prince harry is nothing more than a spolit brat
I'm not sure about that. All the army pundits that have been talking about this on the radio have indicated that it is a career that is suiting him and he is excelling at, as oppose to William who is just "ticking the boxes" as one said. Nor is he being selfish, I don't think, it seems he will be very disappointed if he is not permitted to serve there but they are now saying that he will be accepting the decision and will not be resigning him commission if not permitted to go as was reported earlier.
Personally, I don't think he should go. It's a very risky job for all serving men out there so I think it unfair to send anyone who will represent a prestigious target and thus even greater effort may be employed to get him and, of course, the danger to all those around him would be far greater too.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 10:15 AM
I think he should,after all he joined our armed forces and trained because he wanted to serve his country.

Our Troops are at risk everyday,Men and Women have been killed in the line of duty.
It shows little respect to those that have lost their lives,if he doesn't go because he's precious in my opinion.

Once he's in uniform etc,he won't be that easily recognised anyway.

Let him go,let him do what he trained for and serve his country.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I think he should,after all he joined our armed forces and trained because he wanted to serve his country.

Our Troops are at risk everyday,Men and Women have been killed in the line of duty.
It shows little respect to those that have lost their lives,if he doesn't go because he's precious in my opinion.

Once he's in uniform etc,he won't be that easily recognised anyway.

Let him go,let him do what he trained for and serve his country.
Thats right and if the media stop saying where he would be they're even less likely to recognise him. Also how many 21yr olds today are willing to put themselfs on the line for their country, not many.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »