Our sister sites
bethheartchris
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2007, 09:34 AM

James Wellbeloved? Should I try?

I am thinking of putting Barney On JW.
He does seem to have a sensitive tummy.
He is on butchers at the moment but I dont like it.
We tried the RAW when he was younger and he did well on it, until very early one morning (5am) he threw up mince under our bed, the smell was not pleasant!!
He does well on chappie, I give it to him when he has a bout of the runs but his weight always goes down on wet food.

Basically any one recommend a good diet for a springer with a sensitive tummy?

Thanks xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Beth, Burns do a sensitive range and the vet in the high street stocks it. ( Culver Road )
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Burns is a very good dog food but not even Burns agrees with all dogs. When I fed my dog on Burns she was very hyperactive and scratched alot, so I've got her on James Wellbeloved now and she is fine on that. But that's just my dog. It's just a matter of trying a good dog food and see how your dog gets on with it. By the way Asti has a very sensitive stomach as well.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I fed my pup james wellbeloved for a while and she did ok with it, but her weight kept going down all the time, so I took her off it. Plus its very expensive!
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2007, 02:42 PM
i feed my pup on jwb and seems to be doing really well on it! only thing is it's a tad expensive but because my boys so small he don't eat a lot so one bag does me for the week
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Supadog also do a Sensitive one in their well-being range its called Burgess Supa Dog Well being Kind and Sensitive What they say about it is for dogs with delicate digestion. It contains no artificial flavour colour or preservatives. Hypo-allergenic and wheat and glutten free, it is the perfect food for dogs who suffer from allergies or food sensitivities.

I actually use the well -being Great life and find it really good. I use it and it mine and it is also very competitively priced.

P S Chappie also do a complete dry food but don't know what it is like as mine unfortunately won't eat Chappie though I know the tins are recommended for dogs who have upset tummies. Perhaps the complete would keep the weight on as you say when fed the tins your dog loses weight. Just a thought.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 03:43 PM
my 2 have jwb and they are doing really well on it
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2007, 11:09 PM
i put one of my pups on jwb with ocean fish and she done real good on it,ven when she went to her new home she stayed on it and she had a real sensetive tummy,