Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2007, 08:57 PM

Natures Menu frozen complete. How much?

Hi, could someone help me out please

Im struggling a bit financially to feed my 2 Nature diet twice a day, so today I bought some Natures Menu Frozen Complete, the one with chicken,tripe heart veggies etc in. (in the red bag) Because Im unsure of the amount to give at the moment, I just mixed a small amount in with Autarky and they seemed to love it, but ideally Id like to get them off any dry food and just feed the frozen freeflow mince, thawed and given raw. I cant work out the amount to give though, George is around 28kg and Tyra is around 21kg.

Would it be ok to mix it with a dry food while I gradually increase it, and how much roughly should I be giving them, at each meal? Do any of you feed this and is it ok to feed long-term, as a complete meal, or should I be adding other veg etc? thanks in advance:smt001
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2007, 05:16 PM
:smt090

:smt069
madhouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Not sure exactly of the composition of the Nature Complete, but I'd think that if it only contains chicken/tripe, then you'll need to add in some other meats too so that your dog gets a balance across the board.

From a raw feeding point of view if your dogs are adult, then you should feed between 2-3% of their body weight per day, less if they bulk up and more if they go skinny, it really is a "by eye" judgement on the weights.

I personally wouldn't bother mixing in the dried stuff, just go cold turkey with raw.

If you search raw feeding within this forum you'll find LOADS of information on raw diets.

HTH
roxiegirl
New Member!
Female 

15-03-2007, 11:30 PM
I use that one and it has veg and rice in and is a complete food. I don't use it everyday i find the freeflow trip and the tripe and chicken are quite cheap and i often cook my own rice and vegtables to add to it, the dogs love it. I also feed a little complete dry food.
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2007, 11:42 PM
:smt001 Thanks, I didnt realise I had replies, sorry about that.

Im using it everyday, and Im getting through a bag a day on my two, which is working out more expensive than the Naturediet , but to be honest, none of mine really went a bundle on Naturediet (They did before the tragic accident at the plant, but after that they seemed to go off it, I still think the recipe changed slightly), but they go mad for the raw natures menu, its lovely to see them enjoying their food like that.

I did notice the tripe and chicken was cheaper than the complete, but should I add to it if I give them that? They wont eat veg (yet they,ll eat it in the natures menu, odd that ) and I dont really want to go back to dry food, Im wondering if a natures menu mixer biscuit might be better with it?

Thanks for your help.:smt001
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:58 AM
http://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/product...n/traditional/

Have a look at the above link.The frozen blocks of 'traditional' are acoplete diet.I would suggest starting with 1 block per dog mixed with either a little complete or mixer...then just see how they do.It would work out cheaper than the freeflow.
You could also alternate it with the other frozen blocks since some contain bone,some offal etc and since you are also using a little complete it should be fine.

blocks are usually between about 60-78p each
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Oh thanks for that, I didnt realise the frozen blocks were complete too, that will work out better if I can them a few times a week, and the freeflow the rest, thats been very helpfull, thankyou
madhouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:36 PM
If you're totally raw feeding you don't need a "complete" feed

Your dog will be perfectly healthy on a mixture of all the Prize Choice frozen blocks, and as the tripe is Green tripe, there is actually vegetable matter in with it (ie, whatever the cow ate last!).

The only thing you could probably do with adding extra is a couple of raw eggs a week (complete with shell) and fish body oil, unless you add in the odd tin of mackerel or pilchards and then you don't particularly need this either.

My dog's breeder has fed her dogs this diet for years (along with the odd tin of Chum) and her ridgebacks are champions.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Madhouse is right you dont need mixer or complete. I feed mine with the natures menu and prize choice and also throw in chicken, lamb, turkey all raw and all with bones, tins of pilchards in natural juice (as a treat in natural tomato juice) they get all the trimmings off of our meat before its cooked and love fruit, in fact left a whole bunch of bananas on the side went and got engrossed in something came back to find Baku had eaten the whole bunch by squeezing the middles out

Hope this helps